quick 318?

-
My car now has just streetmaster intake 600 eddy dual exhaust with short cherry bombs out the sides sounds good and is really loud

I just wanna k.ow how the xe268 cam,373 gears and 275/60 which I believe are 28" will work together dont care much about 1/4 mile just something fun al I need is the cam kit and a converter .

Wow kb167 cost twice what kb107 cost.another thing will kb107 fit magnum block? Never c any builds on magnums with other than stock pistons.wonder how better a 5.9 would run with zero decked kb107

I have a 5.9 Magnum zero decked with KB 107, eddy heads and a comp 280HR with a M1 intake and 750 holley.
Have not put it in the car yet, but the motor sounds really good running on my engine start stand.
It is going in a duster with 4-speed and 4.30 gears with 275/60/15 tires, should be a really fun street toy.

Ive been reading up on the mopar muscle parts book 318 build,the one with stock magnum heads.400 hp 509'100 shot.lets say this engine is in my garage identical.if I run my 275/60 tires and change to 410 gears what would I have to change?mean318 build is almost identicall it ran high 12s almost mid 12s but runs high 11s with 100 or 125 shot. Everything seems easy.and should run awsome,and it should be cheap

Id like to c whst the eq iron ram heads would do on this stock.mag head 318 build.the iron ram 202 valves heads flow alote more cfm the stock mag heads.thoughts??

Isn't oddesa cylinder head that ebay company?? I've heard bad things about their work. Below is an example from someone that bought their chevy vortec heads.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/odess...customer-service-deffective-heads-they-888418

Are you magnumdust on YB also??

OP, look into engine quest cylinder heads. Supposed to be quality. Only problem with magnum heads that are seasoned is the things crack so easily. They're kinda junk, leave em on trucks in junk yards IMO. And believe me I looked into them, had three good magnum motors to take heads from, 1 head wasn't cracked of the 6.

Are you magnumdust on YB also??

OP, look into engine quest cylinder heads. Supposed to be quality. Only problem with magnum heads that are seasoned is the things crack so easily. They're kinda junk, leave em on trucks in junk yards IMO. And believe me I looked into them, had three good magnum motors to take heads from, 1 head wasn't cracked of the 6.

yes.

I went with engine quest for my heads too. So far i can't complain about them. Though i think you have to go through Hughes or other reputable vendor to get the 2.02 valves.

yes.

I went with engine quest for my heads too. So far i can't complain about them. Though i think you have to go through Hughes or other reputable vendor to get the 2.02 valves.

Cool.
Yeah I think Hughes was calling the the Iron Ram for a long time. I believe Dr. J's sells EQ also. . . . I still say it's truck stuff lol

The best I could get out of my 04 GT w/5sp was a 14.05 on street tires at 4800ft elev.
The Valiant feels like it pulls just as good.

4800' elevation is a *****...what's the typical DA when you run? Also take into consideration an '04 GT likely weighs about a solid 400lbs more than your Valiant (if not possibly more). 14.05 in a stock '04 GT ain't terribly bad-especially with the elevation. Slicks&skinnies, 4.10s or 4.30s, ditch the sway bars, launch at 5k, shift at 5700-5800, drive it like it owes you money, you might drop into the mid 13s or better. Seen it...

Your Valiant does sound damn good though.

Cool.
Yeah I think Hughes was calling the the Iron Ram for a long time. I believe Dr. J's sells EQ also. . . . I still say it's truck stuff lol

That's where i got mine. Assembled with the 1.92's. They are hard to beat for the money.

Id really like the mopar muscle partsbook build 318.just get the parts sll ptetty affordable besides the block work its cheap 400 hp.member mean318 is pretty close but unsure whatd differnt about his but his ran from what ive seen high 12s and high 11s with a little nos.the 280h seems streetable.only thing I would change about build would be the hughes 192 iron rams flow about 20cfm more than stock magnums.

There is lots of bashing and no love for 318s.I never c any running 12s whynot?those 318 builds making 400 hp should b running 12s in a a body right? So what would lets say 318 with zero deck pistons some decent heads maybe some 188 valve 302s xe268 cam stredtmaster intake 600 eddelbrock.headers 2 1/2 exhaust 373 lsd rear 275x60 tires maybe 2500 stall with just that little bit of work completly changes the 318 .my car has a 318 in it now I have a 318 on the stand I would like to build .im going to end up running a 5.9 360 magnum but first I want to play with the good ol 318s first..reson is I love 318s Ihave a few of the parts iI listed .I wana c it run in the 12s.second its gonna take lots more time to do the 5.9 I wanna make it perfect.
I love 318s-I don't ever doubt after seein a 250 cube slant-six-single carb-do 11.78-118 quarter mile in a valiant body-2150 lbs-318s can boogey!!!-snyderguy-jessie

Everybody thinks Bigger is Better.....Not alway's the case. You need the camshaft, cylinder head, converter, and gear to be correct. You have engine's under 400 ci making big power. Dylan AKA Spareparts car is proof.

Ray

I have.at the moment 373 gears on the specs for the cam it says 355-391.I also have 275/60/15 which r 28 what needs to be changed.

10:1 318, ported 2.02 heads, single plane intake matched to the heads and do some research on plenum porting. I like the Comp XS282S cam. Make sure the converter is a bit loose (you won't have a ton of trq) and have a decent gear in it to keep it wound up. I'd run something like a 750DP (my 318 run that and an 850) I would almost guarantee this for mid 12's maybe better.I used a Holley strip dominator and later a Mopar M1

Sorry I didn't get back to your pm, been busy so I decided to post here.

Everybody thinks Bigger is Better.....Not alway's the case. You need the camshaft, cylinder head, converter, and gear to be correct. You have engine's under 400 ci making big power. Dylan AKA Spareparts car is proof.

Ray

Thanks Ray! ..... you're alright... for an Okie haha:thumbup:

Dylan, I was born and raised in Chi town, then lived in So. Cal for a long time, so I don't know what I am....Hahaha. OP also degreeing the cam will also make a difference.

Ray

Listen to Spareparts! Also, if you are dead set on going FAST with a 318 (which I think is cool as hell!) you will get there much easier with a power adder like spray (which of course is sacrilege to the mopar guys for some reason...purple cams and N/A all the way baby!).

Good luck!

Are the "302 casting" heads that bad?

I run 14.8's with my stock 318. I have the "302 casting" heads :sad10:

I'm looking to do upgrades this summer when I have time.

I plan on running 100-150 shot if possible with hyper kb167s.I like the partsbook 318 build with the magnum 280h cam.zero deck with the closed chamber magnums.gonna get mags from junkyard ill pay for warranty so if they r cracked grab another set.should be cheap and no custom work ,unless I wanna play around with the magnum heads.

-
Back