Quick door interchange question

-

ESP47

Reaction score
Will a 68 Barracuda fastback door go on a 67 fastback chassis no problem? Just want to make sure there aren't any huge differences before I pick it up. Thanks!

The mounting for the arm rest is different and the mirror location are the biggest things that I have ran in to.

Here is some additional information I found on the site using the search engine.

68's have the one year only fresh air vent on the bottom inside toward the rear. 67's have the driver's side mirror closer to the vent window so it can't open all the way. 67 has a one year only vent window. the screw hole in the top door panel holds it in place and it uses a special frame.

Thanks, this is a passenger side door so the mirror is no problem but the arm rest and vent difference are deal killers for me. Good info, thank you sir.

Wonder if the lock/handle linkage is the same? They were different on the 68 to 69....at least on the Dart....

You are very welcome.
You can get around both issues unless you just want a bolt on and go door.

Honestly I was just trying to get around doing some body work since the body line on the door is dented up in a couple spots. I'm guessing either one will take the same amount of work so I'll just have to stick with what I got unless a 67 door pops up around here.

Honestly I was just trying to get around doing some body work since the body line on the door is dented up in a couple spots. I'm guessing either one will take the same amount of work so I'll just have to stick with what I got unless a 67 door pops up around here.

Here is a bit of added information. As a direct interchange you can use any of the 68 Barracuda doors by just changing the glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkjunkie
Wonder if the lock/handle linkage is the same? They were different on the 68 to 69....at least on the Dart....

They are the same on the 67 and 68. In 69 the door knob lock was moved and I have seen a different latch mechanism on the 69s.

-
Back