Quitting smoking.

-
Like I said, don't ever give up. Just because you had a smoke after 12 hours doesn't mean you failed. It just means you failed that time. Try again and again until you stop completely. I smoked for 44 years a pack a day. I'm now in my eighth week. Do I still want a smoke, you betcha, but I tell myself no and the craving stops for a while. Then I do the same thing all over again the next time.

I'm into my 8th week and I was over at my brothers this morning. He and his wife both lit up and to my surprise, it didn't really bother me. Another hurdle jumped.

Jack

Time to dredge up this thread again. I am at 10 weeks now. Still have not had a smoke.

How is everybody else doing. Success? Fail? Let us know.

Jack

Time to dredge up this thread again. I am at 10 weeks now. Still have not had a smoke.

How is everybody else doing. Success? Fail? Let us know.

Jack

Great keep going. So far TXDart is smoke free too.

Working on quitting again.

Down to about 1/4 of a pack a day and hopefully I'll work my way down to none.

Way to go Jack and TXdart, Im on 4th week I think...still on the champix and the way I figure if I gotta take champix the rest of my life to quit I will. Champix is cheaper than smokes and the dreams are groovy!!:color::brave:

Good point Frankie. Another couple of weeks of Champix to go and then I may forget about how long it's been.
Jack

After a while, you'll come to realize that quitting was one of the best decisions you've ever made for yourself, ever.

I stopped 30 years ago. Probably accounts for my still being here. That has to tick off some of the members. lol

Congrats to all that have quit...whether cold turkey, Champix or E cigarette.
Main thing is you really have to want to quit to succeed .I tried many times in the past but of course all at the wrong times.Truth is I really did not want to quit.
This time I was ready and after seeing my best friend get his bladder,half of his intestines taken out at the VA hospital in Temple due to cancer from cigarettes I quit.
My friend Jake said YOU DO NOT WANT THIS!
Watching him slowly dying and seeing him wither away each time he receives Chemo...
Trying to learn how to say goodbye to a dear friend...
If you normally smoke a pack a day and are down to half ...Great
If you slip up and smoke one and try try again great...
You just have to want to quit and really want it then it is really easy....
It just like yesterday that I was a dumbass 12 year old kid that smoked a pack a day...
Thought I was Kool......Just another Dumbass.

Thats is Awesome to all of you have Quit or are trying to quit. On the 18th of this month I hit my 1 year Anniversary of being Smoke free after nearly 28 years of smoking & have NOT looked back. Feels Great!!! Now I plan to loose 30 lbs before Moparfest...LOL

37 days smoke free and I'm not counting lol just seen the tread pop back up and was like hum how many days has it been lol my girl friend and I are doing really well thanks for asking . And I'm glad to hear your still kicking the habit . I did it cold turkey the girl friend is using the patch

Congrat's to all. Damn, you are all doing so well. I would be scared to death not to keep away from smokes after this thread. LOL

Jack

Thats is Awesome to all of you have Quit or are trying to quit. On the 18th of this month I hit my 1 year Anniversary of being Smoke free after nearly 28 years of smoking & have NOT looked back. Feels Great!!! Now I plan to loose 30 lbs before Moparfest...LOL

Getting into Wing Fest shape?? Dont forget to wax your bikini line....LOL Happy Anniversary Craig!

Getting into Wing Fest shape?? Dont forget to wax your bikini line....LOL Happy Anniversary Craig!

LOL... Not sure if I want to up against the Wild Wing Champ of 2012... maybe a few wings & Ribs at Miltons Restaurant after the show...LOL

But keep at it, Jack, Steve, you both can do it if you really want to! I Did!

-
Back