Racing harness with stock seats .

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put a 4 or 5 point harness in with stock bucket seats or do i need racing seats ? and where did you anchor them . 70 Duster .

Thanks .

The shoulder belts have to mount between certain angles. So really the only way to achieve this is by having a roll bar in place with a mid bar for the belt to anchor to.

Your best bet is to go to the local track during a local event and talk to the tech inspectors. Or a fab shop.

Are you racing and getting a tech inspection?

you can use stock seats. Stock eliminator it was a rule for many years, just changed in the last 10 or so. To aftermarket seats. The center leg needs to come through the bottom of the seat. The high back stock seats needs shoulder straps to come through the seat.

Are you racing and getting a tech inspection?

you can use stock seats. Stock eliminator it was a rule for many years, just changed in the last 10 or so. To aftermarket seats. The center leg needs to come through the bottom of the seat. The high back stock seats needs shoulder straps to come through the seat.

no not going through tech just test and tune there fairly relaxed , and we have a road on private property that we street race on , i want them for safety after seeing that comet video , the car runs easily mid 11's and i put 100 shot on it last year , safety is everything at this point in life not so much years ago .

-
Back