Radiator ID Help

-

tubbedamx

Location Boise, Idaho
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 3-core radiator with tranny cool with these numbers 2582975. The lower hose is on the driver side. I was wondering what this was out of so I can find a fan shroud.

I am planning on putting this in my barracuda with a 360. A radiator shop said they could move the lower hose outlet to the passenger side without much trouble.

I did look in the tech section under radiator ID that adamr posted and did not see it there.

Thanks jim

just a guess as i cannot find it either, but it is closest in number range to a 66 440. car or truck who knows

I didn't see it either. What size is it? 22" or 26". Maybe a pic would help to identify it. thanks, Geof

the radiator core measures 22 inches across...

Heres some pics.
DSC07955.jpg

DSC07961.jpg

DSC07960.jpg

DSC07959.jpg

DSC07958.jpg

DSC07957.jpg

DSC07956.jpg

good eye and memory. i guess this is another that didn't make it into the white books......

while you are adding here is another one to add if you will....
#3443978 1971 a body 19" heater 318 auto

Hi,
I have a 3-core radiator with tranny cool with these numbers 2582975. The lower hose is on the driver side. I was wondering what this was out of so I can find a fan shroud.

I am planning on putting this in my barracuda with a 360. A radiator shop said they could move the lower hose outlet to the passenger side without much trouble.

I did look in the tech section under radiator ID that adamr posted and did not see it there.

Thanks jim

Hey Jim, I didn't realize it was you posting this thread. This is Geof, who you got your rear window trim from. Glad to see that you are coming along on the 67. Am I mistaken, or is there 2 different water pumps for small blocks, that dump out on either side? Maybe an easier change than moving the lower snout on the rad. Also, if I'm not mistaken, in 66 that rad should have the 2 piece steel shroud that is pretty hard to find. I got mine from Big Joe from WV, if I can find his number I'll post it for you. He always has a couple of those shrouds for sale at the Nats, but they aren't cheap. I watched mine go from $160.00 to $225.00 over the course of 2 years before I bought it. I'll look for his number tonight and post it if i find it, and maybe you could put a post in the wanted section of this site, I'll bet someone out there in FABO land has one. Geof

Thanks for the help I really appreaciate that. That link cleared up a few things too. I was expecting to find a plastic shroud and never really thought of it being made of steel. I can make one out of steel to look pretty much just like that and either paint it or get it powdercoated black.

Hey Geoff, Thanks again for the trim I'll have it in hopefully soon.

-
Back