Radiator support

-

504DusterIR

Reaction score
Hey how y'all doing ?, Is the radiator support on a 72 Plymouth duster welded in or bolted in or both? Mines is bent an I'm thinking about replacing it but I'm not sure if I'll need to cut it out or simple take the bolts out , thank you

Shot , maybe I'll just use a come along an tree an a heavy hammer to try an straight it out

Mine was bent in in the lower passenger side and a few hits with my palm brought it 80% back.

Mine was bent in in the lower passenger side and a few hits with my palm brought it 80% back.
With your palm ,damn you got hammer hands lol I got a few pics

IMG_20240728_190322.jpg

Wi

With it being bent would I be able to drive it? After I get the radiator back in an up an running I was going to go to a body shop , could I drive it there ?
I would just stop working on it and have a flatbed take to to a body shop if you're serious about fixing it. You're not likely to be satisfied with what you end up with pulling on that rad support by tying a rope between it and a tree then backing up real fast. Or using a come-along for that matter.

Wi

With it being bent would I be able to drive it? After I get the radiator back in an up an running I was going to go to a body shop , could I drive it there ?
I t will be WAY easier for the frame people to repair that with the engine out or at least the radiator. You might be able to drive it, if the fan doesn't hit the radiator or shroud.

Thats a pretty good poke it took there. Probable swayed the whole front end. I'd be looking for more damage behind that frame buckle or the other side too.

Thats a pretty good poke it took there. Probable swayed the whole front end. I'd be looking for more damage behind that frame buckle or the other side too.
Ok ,I haven't had a lot of time to look at it really ,this was bout a month ago , it was drizzling an I was going up hill making a left turn an the rear end slide out an then it was over from there, very sad i just needed to do some body work an paint

I would just stop working on it and have a flatbed take to to a body shop if you're serious about fixing it. You're not likely to be satisfied with what you end up with pulling on that rad support by tying a rope between it and a tree then backing up real fast. Or using a come-along for that matter.
Ok I literally live less then a mile to the body shop an the tow company charging $200 to bring it there, I was going to get the radiator back in an drive it up there for them to do the work

Ok ,I haven't had a lot of time to look at it really ,this was bout a month ago , it was drizzling an I was going up hill making a left turn an the rear end slide out an then it was over from there, very sad i just needed to do some body work an paint
Look for the door to be dragging on the striker. The a-pillar could be shoved back.

Ok I literally live less then a mile to the body shop an the tow company charging $200 to bring it there, I was going to get the radiator back in an drive it up there for them to do the work
Youll probabley save more than 200 by having it towed. Frame labor around here is $100 an hour.

-
Back