Raised White Letter Tires ? or Not ?

-
white wall -definite no
white letters that say ACME TIRE COMPANY-definite no
white letters on an 'acceptable' tire like BFG's- yes.

-well, let me put a condition on that. I would on my Scamp, not on my Stealth:)

I vote : YES

DartGT010107010.jpg

---

I usually like the old fart method white letter out-- but on your car the blackwall out- looks better.
Nice car . Lawrence

It looks good both ways, but period correct could also mean red line tires on those rims. red stripe tires look great on white cars.

after having to maintain kepping white walls and white letters cleean for shows , i have become partial to black wall , just added ralleys to my 69 and turn bw out

depends on what look you want. Normally I prefer Black out and may switch these.

Attachments

• valiant 010.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 225
Car looks great both ways, I think the lettering out on that looks better for the year and black out on the newer vehicles as they just dont look right with white lettering. My thought anyway

i like whites out! and dont forget! they sell paint so you can do your own... get any raised letter tire and make them white!

It looks good both ways on your car, but I still prefer the white letters, but only if it's the right brand. BFG's Always look correct as well as some of the Mickey Thompsons, and Goodyears etc, but if they are Big O tires or something like that then go black wall.
Here's my Challenger I went from 14's and black walls to 15's and white letters, both changes I felt really changed the whole look of the car.

Attachments

• EVIL 72.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 250
  • EVIL 72 side shot .JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 280
I was gonna say red stripe tires until I saw that car with the 30" or 40"
wheels.

Black wall or white letters......both look good on your car.

-
Back