Rally Wheel ?

-

toddlaine

Reaction score
I have a 72 Swinger, seems to be SBP. I want to get new center caps and trims rings, what ones do I need. I have a different set of centers that came with the car but they do not fit. Can I switch to the acorn center caps? Where is the best place to get these for the price and quality?

Thanks,

Attachments

• 2012-06-20 18.58.32.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 321
Your car currently has the acorn centers on it, meaning you would like to change to the early "cone" style "sombrero" caps, yes??? Post a wanted ad here on FABO for both the centers and trim rings, they can be had all over the place. I also think they are repopping the centers, both in plastic and cast at about $149.00 for the set!! Try Wheel Vintiques or anybody elase that sells rims, I'm sure you can find them new. A bit pricy, and I know you can get them cheeper used on here!!

Nice Dart by the way. Do I see a 2 toned green interior in there?? Geof

It's a repaint and is suppose to be the factory color Light Green Metallic. The interior is two tone green. Thanks,

Nice Dart......yes the earlier centers look better than the acorn style.
Get the right trim rings too..the brush style.

Wilson

Attachments

• 100_3848.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 296
  • rallyes.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 265
Order your trim rings by the width of your wheel. Summit offers them a well for a decent price. Both in brushed or polished finish. Do not get a generic ring, will not look right !!

Order your trim rings by the width of your wheel. Summit offers them a well for a decent price. Both in brushed or polished finish. Do not get a generic ring, will not look right !!

Xs2 They stick out like a sore thumb. They are so bad that even a Chebby owner will know.

Check out Muscla's pic for a couple details for correct trim rings. The OE ones have that outer relief detail on the lip, an oval hole for the valve stem that is fully enclosed in the ring, not notched at the back, and they are brushed. ONLY the 1970 B&E body 15" Rallye should have a polished trim ring!! They also need to have the fingers that hold it to the rim like in the following pics!! The measurement depth is 2 1/4"!!

Heres a couple shots of the details...

Attachments

• 100_4136.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 100_4137.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 264
  • 100_4138.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 276
  • 100_4139.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 306
Check out Muscla's pic for a couple details for correct trim rings. The OE ones have that outer relief detail on the lip, an oval hole for the valve stem that is fully enclosed in the ring, not notched at the back, and they are brushed. ONLY the 1970 B&E body 15" Rallye should have a polished trim ring!! They also need to have the fingers that hold it to the rim like in the following pics!! The measurement depth is 2 1/4"!!

Heres a couple shots of the details...

what cosgig has is what you need!!!!!!

Thanks, guys on the Trim Ring Schooling

Now you have what you need to begin your search. Thanks cosgig for posting the pictures and measurements.

I am including seach words so others can find this great information because it is hard to find with great details width rally ralley rallye picture pictures trim ring rings

ol' cosgig would offer you a set, but they are too dinged up to put on a car as nice as yours!!!

In my opinion the polished rings look much better and no one is gonna tell you you have the incorrect rings on the car plus you are gonna change to the bullet centers.
Just my .02 Check JC Whitney my dad got a pair there 20 years ago and they look brand new and almost identical to the factory ones but polished.

-
Back