Rally wheels on a 68 cuda` from the factory?

-

nostalgia6883

Reaction score
I talked to one of my mopar buddies and mentioned that i had rally wheels on my 68 Barracuda fastback.He told me that Chrysler never offered those wheels as an option from the factory for that year.Is this true?
Any help on this subject matter would be appreciated.thank-you

Attachments

• IMG_0925.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 227
He's right. The factory didn't offer rally wheels on anything until the 1970 model year. But that's OK -- I have 'em too.

Ok,with that out of the way.Which type of wheels were standard and which type were optional for that model and year?

On a 1968 Barracuda the standard steel with either 4 1/2" wide or the optional 5 1/2". The variations were on the wheel covers.

Your the man Oklacarcollector. Thanks again you have been very helpful with my questions. Are those steel wheels you speak of just plain jane steelies,or do they actually have a style to them? If they have a style to them could you post a picture for me please?

These were the hubcaps that were on the 68 Barracuda. The small center only hubcap isn't pictured and I don't know if it was an option or not.

Attachments

• 68_Barracuda0005.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 227
Your the man Oklacarcollector. Thanks again you have been very helpful with my questions. Are those steel wheels you speak of just plain jane steelies,or do they actually have a style to them? If they have a style to them could you post a picture for me please?

Plain Jane steel wheels.

and if you ask me, they SHOULD have been an option in 68
heck I think they should have been an option in 66
but I sure am glad they are an option today

Attachments

• IMAG00371.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 177
These were the hubcaps that were on the 68 Barracuda. The small center only hubcap isn't pictured and I don't know if it was an option or not.

I dunno where you found that original broshure picture but it is frikkin awesome!!!Only thing left to do for me now is find out what style hubcaps(if any)were on my car when it rolled off the assembly line.

and if you ask me, they SHOULD have been an option in 68
heck I think they should have been an option in 66
but I sure am glad they are an option today

aaaahhhh I think I'm in luv with your 66 sir!
I couldn't agree with you more about how they should have been an option for the 63-66 also.
My father had a 65 and sold it a few years back.I think about it often.

The small cap with body color wheels probably isn't shown because they were standard.

All those full wheel covers were options.

This is what the wire wheel covers look like.

And body color, small cap.

The small cap with body color wheels probably isn't shown because they were standard.

All those full wheel covers were options.

This is what the wire wheel covers look like.

And body color, small cap.

I'm glad you posted this because i totally forgot about the dog dish caps on steel wheels.As a standard from the factory I wouldn't be surprised if that was what belonged on my car. Did some of the Hemi cuda`s and formula s's come with those caps also?

-
Back