Random pictures thread

-
WW2 before and after photos
33C1FA70-6B3D-4FE3-A8FA-A78DE8EB49CB.jpeg
474AE837-BAC6-4527-8B42-2DB41F3251EE.jpeg

I always loved that car. He used to run at Cayuga when I was racing brackets. I was at a car show about 5 years ago and there was a cuda painted up like that, Hemi and all. I talked to the owner and told him that I loved the car because it was just like Frank Elliott's car. He said I'm Frank Elliott. He sold the original car years ago. Tried to buy it back but the guy wouldn't sell so he cloned it.

just glancing over it, that was pretty interesting
the one that stood out is "hells highway"

i remember hearing about operation Market Garden in school
for us, that was one of the most important operations of the entire war

(as you may know, in the European theater, the war ended on May 5th, 1945. however, some parts of the Netherlands were liberated before the winter of 44-45, which in the Netherlands is knows as the hungerwinter. largely due in part to operation Market Garden, the southern part of the country was liberated before that winter and its population didnt suffer nearly as bad from the shortages as those in the North)

fun fact, somewhere along the plans for Market Garden there is talk of making a corridor between the landing sites and the target site
i remember 50 years later, we still used the term "corridor" to describe that particular stretch and the villages along it

-
Back