Random pictures thread

-
I've taken 277 twice in my life (guess I didn't learn the first time, huh?), so I'm well aware of the potential (pun intended).

About 20 years ago I was on the roof of a chicken processing plant in central MN that had a fire, and my job was to start-up the new (replacement) rooftop units that had been set after the rebuild. One of the units was wired reverse (rotation), and I asked the local "sparkies" to fix it so I could start-up the compressors and blowers. Three guys came up- two Journeymen and one Apprentice, and I guess the Apprentice wanted to appear enthusiastic, as he jumped right into the control panel in "my" unit and started loosening-up the incoming L1, L2, and L3 (allen head) terminals in the disconnect.

All of a sudden one of the Journeyman shouted, "BOBBY, FREEZE! DON'T MOVE!", with a VERY LOUD voice.

Turns out Bobby never hit the disconnect before starting-in, but thankfully he was standing on the only part of the rubber roof that wasn't wet from dew, otherwise he'd be singing with the angles right now.

Sometimes it's good to have a guardian angel, I guess.
In the 50 years I was an electrician I got it about 6 times each time seem to be worse so after that we started to shut down all circuits we were workin on but sometimes you have to work it hot especially in under ground garages got to see what your doing but it was the best paying job I ever had

IMG_4349.jpeg

-
Back