Rani on the loose

-
great pics i love looking around while im driving just seeing and hoping i find a cool mopar at a screaming deal. thanks for the great pics ranidart

That orange Ranchero is sweet! What is that guys (and rani)? A '63?

Sad out of all the cool and nice cars here the only one that excited me was that. My dad has a '65 Falcon in blue though, so I got an excuse.

I almost bought a 64 Comet Caliente, had a hi-po 289 badge (fake, never got them in 64) until I saw it had bolted down lawn chairs and plywood for floors....!

And just like that, multiple people (including me) go back to look at the pic :D

i knew it was there ...i saw that car on CL locally about two years ago......im going to make contact with owner. i know he thinks that car is worth a lot simply bcoz that stupid rear, so when im in a better position ....im going to see if i can score the car without the rearend....i have no use for the rearend ....if it was my car that would be the first thing out of there in favor of a 8 3/4 :laughing:

a 489 casting 8 3/4 is just sexxxxxy. i love the way 8 3/4s look ....smooth on the back with no bolts visable

Never heard the 8 3/4" rear called "sexy" before, but coming from you makes me a believer!!LOL. I'm going out to the garage right now to stare at mine!!! Geof

dont you just love older wagons.

Attachments

• CIMG2021.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 308
  • CIMG2025.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 318
  • CIMG2049.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 316
yup that comet is great my brother had the 404 2dr post version caliante. 289 hipo's were offered in those cars but they were cyclones, and the motors were called super cyclone. atleast in 65 they were

I see a few here and there on almost a daily basis. Not including my own. Just saw a 70 340 Cuda and a 69 383 roadrunner. Both of them stopped to drool over the engine in my dart.....
I liked their cars and wanted to chat further, but my 9yr old daughter kept talking smack about how her daddy's dart is louder
And is faster than theirs...... Lol! Funny but she doesn't know when to shut it, and keep from making strangers upset.

great pics i love looking around while im driving just seeing and hoping i find a cool mopar at a screaming deal. thanks for the great pics ranidart

i am not even looking to buy cars anymore ....wayyy past that stage but there is just something about the hunt.....the thrill of the hunt is far better than actually striking a deal these days IMO ......there was a time i wanted to buy everything but now im satisfied just looking around.

to date of my hunting history this car tops the cake as my most exiteing and most unlikely find ever and unlike the other cars in this thread ...this car is currently my car.

Attachments

• CIMG3069.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 274
  • CIMG3070.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 270
That car looks good with the mags , but the shackles need to go .

actually the shackles are still there LOL but the mags got trashed and replaced with a set of ralleys and original engine was canned in favor of a 440.....it runs and drives now but still a work in progress .......i need to lose the blue before i go crazy LOL :razz: :laughing:

i overpaid for that car ....in order to get it scored ....it was soooooo worth it ....even years later i look at it and think that it was well worth the haggle and extra money.....the previous owner had a hard time seeing it go.

i promised to show the previous owner the progress but i lost contact with him when i moved the car and my shop to my uncle's place.....so if your seeing this Mr. Zach PM me and i will show you what i have done to it in the past year or two.

awsome car ranidart. i see only one problem with it . it is way nicer than mine and i want it . lol i have a 75 duster that my grandpa handed me the keys for when i was 15 I'm now 35 and still own it . its rusty and doesnt run at the moment and is going to be a huge undertaking as far as getting it done but im motivated to get on it i just have to get my bills under control . i only got to drive it for a short time before all the problems with it made it obvious that i needed to park it .
I had started getting little things for it then life got in the way and it has sat untouched for 10 years which definately took its toll on it . But its the car that got me into mopars and first fueled the sickness called mopar fever , you know the disease that causes you to get one then next thing you know you want em all. lately ive been looking for parts for it well and the rest of my cars but finding a parts car would be nice which is why i look as well

last night while on my walk .....butt-stang :toothy10:

Attachments

• CIMG2081.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 240
awsome car ranidart. i see only one problem with it . it is way nicer than mine and i want it . lol i have a 75 duster that my grandpa handed me the keys for when i was 15 I'm now 35 and still own it . its rusty and doesnt run at the moment and is going to be a huge undertaking as far as getting it done but im motivated to get on it i just have to get my bills under control . i only got to drive it for a short time before all the problems with it made it obvious that i needed to park it .
I had started getting little things for it then life got in the way and it has sat untouched for 10 years which definately took its toll on it . But its the car that got me into mopars and first fueled the sickness called mopar fever , you know the disease that causes you to get one then next thing you know you want em all. lately ive been looking for parts for it well and the rest of my cars but finding a parts car would be nice which is why i look as well

COOOOL car ...75 duster.....to me there is no such thing as a bad duster ....i actually prefer the later ones too..... i was looking for a 73 or 4 when i tripped over my demon, but they look pretty much the same from far LOL.

i know what you mean about life getting in the way .....i am just soaking all the car madness in that i can now.....i know it might not be this way forever. i am finishing college and next is ????? the next phase may or may not include cars. so we all just have to soak in what we can when we can.

COOOOL car ...75 duster.....to me there is no such thing as a bad duster ....i actually prefer the later ones too..... i was looking for a 73 or 4 when i tripped over my demon, but they look pretty much the same from far LOL.

i know what you mean about life getting in the way .....i am just soaking all the car madness in that i can now.....i know it might not be this way forever. i am finishing college and next is ????? the next phase may or may not include cars. so we all just have to soak in what we can when we can.

:toothy10: Not include cars ? :wack:lol ive dumped girls before when they told me i had to sell my cars .one told me it was her or the cars i opened the front door for her after i helped her pack ,when asked why i told her the cars dont talk back dont tell me how to spend my money and dont spend it for me . then i found one that didnt mind them and even let me buy a car she liked a 72 galaxie . i know its not mopar but still a cool old car and not a bellybutton chevy . i married her but she blames me for our 4yo daughter always wanting to ride in the old cars we have or in my semi lol . our 4 yo has seen more of the u.s.a. than most see their whole life and its either staring out the window of a classic car or pick up or my semi and she loves it . I just had to find someone to share the sickness with and now theres 3 lol

i should mention though that my wife more so tolerates it than really likes it but then its like anything because i tolerate a lot of things she does too so its 50 50

-
Back