Rarest A-Body Option?

-
Hi, and thanks for the welcome!
I did get the build sheet and the fender tag. It was definetly ordered that way! And you're right, there must have been some strange thinking behind that order!
K

Ive recently been parting out a 76 4 door dart in a local yard thats kinda amazing. Silver body,4 speed/slant six, antenna delete plug, radio delete plate, sure grip, reverse light, manual discs, and sway bar, ash,glovebox,ignition lights, rear defroster and switch, and map light.

Sounds like a Mexican taxi.

Swedefish: that canvas topped '64 Barracuda is known as the Landau, you can read about it here. Prototype. http://www.enbcom.com/cuda/stuff/landau.html

Nobody has mentioned this rare option on a '69 Barracuda: There's a guy here in Ottawa with a '69 Barracuda with fold down rear seat delete and rear carpet delete. So he's got a fixed rear seat and black cardboard type material lining the rear cargo area. Very strange.

Thanks for the link 65s
I have a good hotrod shop here that could turn my 66 Sedan in to a nice clone of that car, Some good metal fab and a 66 rusted bottom donor barracuda and have the rear and top custom fit.
This is a very cool early a car. I wonder if 10,000 would get it dun :happy10:

landau_08.jpg

landau_05.jpg

landau_09.jpg

landau_02.jpg

landau_03.jpg

I think BIGMAKDAK hit it with the Optional tape recorder.

Have you ever seen one of these? Probably not. I was also told by one of the former engineers from Mopar (He was also one of the Original Ramchargers) that there was a CB radio option but he could not confirm for A bodies.
I have seen plenty of sholder belts, rear defrost sport mirrors etc. but never ever a CB or Recorder in an A body that was factory in person but have seen the option for Recorder listed on line.
Great looking cars everybody thanks for all the post and all the help and info that all of you add to this site.

Hi, and thanks for the welcome!
I did get the build sheet and the fender tag. It was definetly ordered that way! And you're right, there must have been some strange thinking behind that order!
K

I have come across 2 Dart Sedans equiped like the one you found. Both in Florida about 20 years ago! 1 was an SE and the other was a base Dart right down to the Rubber Floor Mats. And even stranger but not a Dart; 2 Dodge Vans with Slant 6 & 4 speeds! Both vans were 77 SE's.

Later,
Bruce B.

Anyone seen factory km/h speedos? The cuda and the dart got those when I bought them. Canadian or export options maybe?

Metric speedos on Canadian cars and export cars that the required them.
My buddy has one in his Long Ram Dart.

My new 72 has a front and rear speaker with a fader control just under the dash and it all works! No defrost, but................I found a block heater on left side of engine today while changin the oil. Guess the original owner though it would come in handy in Minnesota, brrrrrr! D

Just viewed your gallery and read your story.....wow! You got your old car and your girl back! That doesn't happen everyday now does it??!!! What a great story! Congrats! D

I've never seen the 110 mph speedo. But one of the most rare had to be the option of the upgraded interior light option. It had a light for the key to remain lighted for the driver to find the ignition after entering the car at night. These cars were not designed with a lot of creature comforts.
No doubt there are some like the Hemi that deserve the high praise but for common add on's, .

Ok then!
Never seen a 110 speedo before (and I have had and have many Rallye Clusters),
Any body got a clue?

I would love to see pics of KPH speedos for 70-71 Darts and 72-up Darts. Anybody got any?

And about Tape players for Darts; Never happened! For whatever reason Mother Mopar decided Darts did not rate tape players. They were listed as an available option but never made. Darts barely got AM/FM's in the final years.

Hope this helps.

Later,
Bruce B.

I've never seen the 110 mph speedo. But one of the most rare had to be the option of the upgraded interior light option. It had a light for the key to remain lighted for the driver to find the ignition after entering the car at night. These cars were not designed with a lot of creature comforts.
No doubt there are some like the Hemi that deserve the high praise but for common add on's, .

Ok then!
Never seen a 110 speedo before (and I have had and have many Rallye Clusters),
Any body got a clue?

I would love to see pics of KPH speedos for 70-71 Darts and 72-up Darts. Anybody got any?

And about Tape players for Darts; Never happened! For whatever reason Mother Mopar decided Darts did not rate tape players. They were listed as an available option but never made. Darts barely got AM/FM's in the final years.

Hope this helps.

Later,
Bruce B.

I`ve never seen another 110mph speedometer in a rallye dash either but I didn`t know if it was just me or if this was truely rare.

"I`ve never seen another 110mph speedometer in a rallye dash either but I didn`t know if it was just me or if this was truely rare."
Longgone,
Do you know what year and model that speedometer originally came out of? I don't recall ever seeing one either, or I wasn't paying attention. LOL
Dallas

"I`ve never seen another 110mph speedometer in a rallye dash either but I didn`t know if it was just me or if this was truely rare."
Longgone,
Do you know what year and model that speedometer originally came out of? I don't recall ever seeing one either, or I wasn't paying attention. LOL
Dallas

I`ve only seen 120`s and 150`s. I`m guessing that the 110 speedo is from a car "south of the border".? I found the picture on the web and there was no description along with it.

You can see one on the previous post. It is as plain as day.
This is something I had never heard of. This has to be one of the rareist options ever.

-
Back