Really Thinking About Something.

-

mikesduster

Reaction score
ive been thinking of selling my duster...this is no joke,....i REALLY dont want too but theres things that need to be finished in my trailer becuz my dad-in-law never finished when he was remodeling it and now im low on funds.

plus lisa and i have been thinking of buying another house with some land....what do you guys think i could get out of it??

Im not good at this so, Bear with me, 10 to 12 thousand?

Boy Mike that is a tough one. Hold out as long as you possibly can before selling, maybe something good will happen between now and then. I was faced with medical issues a little over a year ago, and was in the same situation, wondering if i should sell or not. I didn't, and glad of it. I realize you have to do what you have to do though. If you do sell the Mopar market is hot so it will move, i just hope you decide not to. Replacement costs aren't getting any cheaper. I applaud you for putting family at the top of your priorities. Best of luck to you.

thanks guys!!!!

tony,my heads are apart cuz with everything ive do,NOW my retainers are hitting my rockers!!....there stock retainers and i need beveled retainers!!!

moparracer...im gonna hold of as long as possible!!!!!...with everything going on here,i find out last week my mom has cancer....im trying to get back to CT. this week to spend some time with her so my car is on the back burner now..but i NEED to get it back together!!!

I wish you all the best. Believe me, in my family cancer is very common...

Keep the car as long as you can. You need it for some good feelings........

Mike:

Everyone handles these situations differently. Some golf or read or knit etc.
The Duster provides a good distraction for now. I'm sure your family members will understand your passion for the car. Don't sell it!

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Mikey.

Jim

mikesduster said:
ive been thinking of selling my duster...what do you guys think i could get out of it??
A good swift kick in the .....
If you can pull it off, just hide it somewhere, even if it sits apart. Like what was said, it's a good distraction from things that go on around you. Sometimes you need to just go and tinker on something to get your mind off of stuff.
My car has been sitting on jackstands most of this year, When I can get a few minuites here and there, I go out and tinker for a little bit. It does make me want to get it out and race it, but in reality, it might go out 1 more time this year to the Mopars at the Valley( that will be a total of 2 times out in 2005).
If it comes down to feeding the family or keeping the car, the car will definitly go.
As far as what you could get for it I agree with Kruger, around $10,000 seems to be the price of nice good running rides like your's
But, think it out. If you wanted to get back in it some day, What would it cost you then?

Sorry to hear of your troubles Mike and I wish your mom the best. Working on my car has been my solace when times are tough. When my mother died I spent about 6 months straight in the garage working on the car. I had a lot of unresolved issues with her and the time spent there alone helped me work through those feelings. My wife was ready to leave but in the long run she understood, I think, that it wasn't about the car.

Best of luck and prayers to you and your family.

Wow Mike real sorry to hear that. I didn't know Jrs Dart scared you that much ! LoL ! Just kidding as I really hope you can keep it. I know you love these cars and if you can hold on to it I am sure you will be glad you did. But if you do decide to sell it I agree that 10 to 15k sounds about right. Ron

I really hope that you don't have to sell, but the best to you and your family.

Lee

mikesduster said:
....with everything going on here,i find out last week my mom has cancer.....

Wow... Sorry to hear of this Mike. Hopefully it's a form of cancer thats containable. Unfortunately, I too went throught the same illness with my Mother.

Amy & myself send our prayers.

BTW: Stash the car away....

Darn Mike I missed that about your Mom. She will be in my prayers. Really sorry to hear of that. Ron

-
Back