rear disk brake cable

-

twokeelya

Reaction score
Finally put the 8 3/4" rear end in my 69, Big thanks to Dartman. Now, I need a longer rear disk brake cable then the one that came with the summit brake package. where do I find the long cable that will hook into the rear disk brakes? Also, I have a complete stock rear end, is it worth keeping? selling? and the fronts are big bolt disk brake, even though someone did the swap, I had all new painted parts that I changed, if someone needs a front big bolt setup for the fronts, everything but LCA.

Finally put the 8 3/4" rear end in my 69, Big thanks to Dartman. Now, I need a longer rear disk brake cable then the one that came with the summit brake package. where do I find the long cable that will hook into the rear disk brakes? Also, I have a complete stock rear end, is it worth keeping? selling? and the fronts are big bolt disk brake, even though someone did the swap, I had all new painted parts that I changed, if someone needs a front big bolt setup for the fronts, everything but LCA.

Might be easier to have a new intermediate cable changed, and cheaper also. Did on my dart with the disks, you will spend forever looking for the right cables between the lengts and the fitting. I have some 3 /16 cable here if you need it.

Might be easier to have a new intermediate cable changed, and cheaper also. Did on my dart with the disks, you will spend forever looking for the right cables between the lengts and the fitting. I have some 3 /16 cable here if you need it.

I'm not sure what you mean?

The cable that goes to the rear cables, usually unshielded. Attaches to the parling brake lever and then in a half loop to the rear cables.

Looks like one of these.

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 155
The cable that goes to the rear cables, usually unshielded. Attaches to the parling brake lever and then in a half loop to the rear cables.

Ok, I got ya. The cables that came with the brakes aren't long enough to touch each other. they are only about a foot long. I'd still need to get a cable for the passenger side and add another boss/bracket to the chassis. Unless I'm missing something

So you have the right and left cables from the rear brakes and they are short if I am following this right. Can you get the factory "connectors" over the cable ends? If so just make up a longer cable for the middle.

I have to run but if you need one I can make it out of 3/16 cable and some swedges, wont look stock but it will work.

As said above, sounds like you need a custom intermediate cable. You need the funny "U" shaped cable connectors. These cars "varied" over the years for cable routing

Below is right out of the 69 factory manual. I realize this is drum brakes, but should "end up" being similar. The arrows point to the cable connectors

29d00g.jpg

These things

MD2605.JPG

As said above, sounds like you need a custom intermediate cable. You need the funny "U" shaped cable connectors. These cars "varied" over the years for cable routing

Below is right out of the 69 factory manual. I realize this is drum brakes, but should "end up" being similar. The arrows point to the cable connectors

29d00g.jpg

These things

MD2605.JPG

Mine is not like that, it feeds only down the drivers side to a bracket and a long housed cable from the passenger's side goes to the brake.

Well, then, LOL, photos would be nice.................

I have disc on my 8,75 and the supplied parking cable was too long , I ended up using the stock drum cable ,!

-
Back