rearend ? again

-
okay finally got it in used the 1559 bearing the rp6408 seemed to big freezed the bearing heated the houseing and it went in easy couldn't belive it i just don't like them 355's it's like running in 2 gear i can't see doing any highway driving i'll probley change em for something low like 300 gears probley what the 71/4 had it ran like 1800 rpm at 60 it's like 2800 at 60 now i thought 355's were street gears ?

2800@60 ain't bad. What has happened to all of us since the onset of OD transmissions is that we have gotten use to 1900@70-75, so when we drive our old muscle cars it seems or feels like we're missing one more shift as we're crusing. I would leave the 3.55's and if you want to cut the rpm's down, go to a little taller tire. That is unless your making long interstate trips all the time.

thanks for all your help sgbarracuda i drove it just morning guess i'll get use to it my tires are only 24'' inches tall would i be better with 26'' tires the motors only got a couple hundred miles on it i 'm still waiting to really get on it my foots icthing

I know without a OD, you kinda have to decide,do i want to have a cruiser and go with 2.76 gears. or a stump puller and go with 4.56 gears. I always felt 3.23-3.55 is a happy medium. Glad i could be of some help

-
Back