Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
so i'm confused now, are you sticking with the ls motor?
Lol of course I am.

Just cleaning it up, resealing it and putting the new heads on. This motor has been in there taking abuse for a while and for what I plan to do coming up I wanted to make sure she was ready.

My only real debate is whether I pay someone to do a legit professional wiring job on the car so that it cleans everything up and it all works 100% of the time.

Plus I wanted to go through the engine bay and clean up some of the nasty spots.

Got the pistons cleaned off snd the cylinder walls all wiped down as well. Still waiting on heads so I may cover her up and respray her before I drop the oil pan and start to reseal everything.

Which reminds me. I need to order a new oil pan gasket I think.

I've decided to take more time and send her off to get some actually legitimate rewir8ng done so the 47 yr old junk can go out of the window and I can make sure everything works and will continue to work. Ditch that ancient bulkhead connector as well.

I have some cleaning up to do before it goes down there I think and then that new hitch will come in handy when the time comes to load and unload.

20220206_154559.jpg

20220206_154605.jpg

Got some more goodies in the mail. I also thinks I've narrowed my search on the rewire kit I'm going to go with.

Got my new motion racewroks engine diaper. I don't want to be the guy that runs the day for anyone else should something go wrong. They had enough of that at street car nationals last year.

20220214_121913.jpg

Screenshot_20220216-085231_Messenger.jpg

More goodies coming in. Gonna take some time this year so it won't be any quick fast turnaround around time. Till it's exactly how I want it wont be back together and driving.

20220219_134105.jpg

Got my coach controls pro street wiring kit today. Looks really nice st first glance and simple to install. Way better than all the original 47 junk bandaided together. Should be simple enough for a bug dummy like me to take care of. Got some more goodies coming in this week too.

20220228_135327.jpg

More goodies today. The long awaited much touted trickflow heads and .685 lift seeing kit from btr. Can't wait to see the improvments off these bad boys.

Side note. I have an offer on my 370" short block. If money shows up then it might off down the road in favor of something 400+ cubes. We will see.

20220301_133759.jpg

20220301_225743.jpg

Those trick flow heads are bad ***! Do you have flow info on them?

Well good ol fedex is absolutely trash again. Lifters were supposed to be delivered yesterday. Then another attempt was not made today even though they said it would and I took off to make sure I was here.

On a positive note I finally used the money the tire shop gave me for gouging my beadlocks. I purchased the new set of "heathen" style bedocks from RC comp to replace them. I'll hang onto the old ones as spares.

Screenshot_20220302-223027_Instagram.jpg

Got the pistons cleaned off snd the cylinder walls all wiped down as well. Still waiting on heads so I may cover her up and respray her before I drop the oil pan and start to reseal everything.

Which reminds me. I need to order a new oil pan gasket I think.

I've decided to take more time and send her off to get some actually legitimate rewir8ng done so the 47 yr old junk can go out of the window and I can make sure everything works and will continue to work. Ditch that ancient bulkhead connector as well.

I have some cleaning up to do before it goes down there I think and then that new hitch will come in handy when the time comes to load and unload.

View attachment 1715866011

View attachment 1715866012
Smart get rid of that connector. I'm doing whole new engine side harness all new components. I'm not going modern yet like you. For a resto hot rod like you have done and time investment I think it's smart!

Realized what I love about this car like Evil Dart it's got the beak. It has really grown on me. Fell in love with my Dart sport just like that. My wife calls her my girl haha.

Smart get rid of that connector. I'm doing whole new engine side harness all new components. I'm not going modern yet like you. For a resto hot rod like you have done and time investment I think it's smart!
The only reason im doing it myself is I can't afford $135 an hour for wiring out here. So looks like I have to suck it up and get out there. I hate doing wiring but I know how to do it the right way. And this time I'm going to.

Last edited:
Hell yeah man. I like your progress. As I've said before, It's not something I would do, but your skills on this are stupid good. You have my immense respect.

3 failed fedex deliveries later my new lifters are here. Alot nicer snd more capable than the stock ls7 lifters I had before. Developed for higher rom stability thanks to the Cadillac racing team.

20220304_124032.jpg

Hell yeah man. I like your progress. As I've said before, It's not something I would do, but your skills on this are stupid good. You have my immense respect.
Thank you very much. I can respect anyone's build as long as they take the time to do it and build it their way. Even if it wasn't my way.

I do what I can with what I can afford so thank you.

We FINALLY had some good weather. And I finished up 2 college courses this week, 2 finals knocked out this morning and got to work on the dart. Got the steering column pulled out to measure it for flaming river to make me a custom one for the new wiring setup with switches. So hopefully they get back to me soon.

Also the 370 shortblock loos to be sold beginning of next week. So stand by as the ship prepares to come about. I'll release more details when the motor is here. Until then I'll be working on stripping wiring and getting stuff done. Also sold the aeromotive fuel pump and will be making a decision on the new e85/e98 pump soon.

20220305_132321.jpg

20220305_190000.jpg

Another good day of weather today and I wanted ti made the most of it. All faxtory wiring is now removed front to back. With the exception of the dome light. Tim tobstart planning my stack of the rest of the car. Because I plane to clean up and respray in the bay and I need to order blockoff plates for the blower motor and bulkhead connector holes before I start too much more.

20220306_114929.jpg

20220306_143000.jpg

20220306_152915.jpg

20220306_153157.jpg

Got the new steering column ordered from Flaming River. Looks to be about a month wait on that which is fine given all the work I need to do and the new engine combo in the works. I ended up going with their 3310-30 style column but made to my own specific length. Clean and effective enough to meet street/racing needs. Except mine will be powder coated black before they ship it out.

https://www.flamingriver.com/non-ti...ght-floor-shift-mill-finish-column-2-inch-dia.

Not a ton done but got the master cylinder, distribution block, starter solenoid, wiper motor, coil mounts and emergency brake. Mancini racing heater delete plate showed up today, ended up being the wrong one for a 75 wrong what I can tell. But I'll make it work. Couple delete plates I'm going to have to make myself, as well as a new plat for where the steering column passes through the firewall seeing as the onky plates I've seen for those from Flaming River are circular and I highly doubt they will cover that triangular hole completely. Also have to find a new wiper motor and put my new engine harness pass through in there after I'm done doing some firewall, engine bay preservation and respray.

20220309_173239.jpg

Last edited:
How about 1,700hp???

1100hp R3 sb
1,100HP Street-Legal 1972 Plymouth Duster

Purple Terror: How to Get 1,000 HP Out of a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda

Point being there are several out there. There was also a tube chassis Sebring with a 390 stroker making around 1150. I lost that info quite a while ago. He sold it on Marketplace long before I quit the social media thing.

Al three are impressive for sure there’s no doubt about that, I know it CAN be done. Really my comment was pointed at the rambling mouth that was making ridiculous statements about his 318. That we all know didn’t make even half of 1000 hp.

-
Back