Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
I thought you already went to an external crank sensor? Post 1663?

I thought you already went to an external crank sensor? Post 1663?
I tried a 4 magent one. I'm looking at the 12 magnet innovators west one. Friends with similar issues solved their problems with that one.

Screenshot_20240626_185107_Samsung Internet.jpg

After only seeing that 12 psi during that 8.9 run j did some boost leak testing and found that it was leaking past on both sides kf the adapter plate between the throttle body and intake. Given id like to race one more time I disassembled and resealed with some of the grey "right suff" and it seems ro have fixed the leaks I was having. U can see it went from bubbles bubbles everywhere to none. So fingers crossed on the next one she has no more, because I sure as heck could t find anymore.

20240628_173035.jpg

20240628_173108.jpg

20240628_173132.jpg

20240629_164430.jpg

After a call the other day, I've been invited to run with the Drag n Drive shootout guys at the NHRA Northwest Nationals next week. We will be conducting the 160 mile drive portion on Thursday, qualifying passes/tnt Friday, and then elimination rounds will be starting after lunch Saturday, and then finals on Sunday afternoon. Single elimination and will be broadcast with the rest of the NHRA event. To say I'm excited is a heck of an understandment. Time to put in for some PTO and do oil change/maintenance on the dart and get ready to camp at the race track next week.

FB_IMG_1720533939960.jpg

FB_IMG_1720533176558.jpg

Sorry been busy as heck after nationals and trying to get the house sold to come back east soon.

Nationals was a absolute blast with the drag and drive guys. Despite the treatment we got by the NHRA after one guy's brand new 10k motor blew about half track and spilled a little oil that came out of the belly pan they had looked at and given him the thumbs up on.

Thursday was the 165 mile drive from Pacific raceways up to Xtreme Speed shop, up to Chinook pass and back around a few other stops to the Fan fest in Kent. Then we headed back to the track after that for racing to start Friday. I had the tabs on my aluminum trans over flow can break during the drive but luckily wasn't anything serious, and Scott Speelman was awesome enough to take it back to his place and weld it back up for me and drop it off right before Q1 on Friday.

Q1 and Q2 on Friday I had some issues with the crank synchro error again after everything had just gone perfectly fine at the previous test and tune and it went 8.9 on low boost. So I think my best pass of the weekend was 10.0 at 148 after having to do some pedaling. Wasn't really able to go very fast with that error causing the car to lose power twice each pass. With as strict as they were the whole group of drag and drive guys turned into 8.5 1/4 mile bracket cars with the exception of the two who had 6.0 and 7.5 certs. Which kind of took the wind out of everyone's sails and limited the show we could put on for the fans. We had plenty of the pro teams and mechanics come over and were loving the cars and had some great conversations with them. The only people we had issues with the entire weekend were some of the bracket racers who were complaining about how the NHRA had brought us in to help get people in the seats. Mainly complaints and hate about how we didn't belong there because they paid lots of money to race there and we didn't. Had they paid any attention to the attendance for the NHRA, its been falling off because not everyone wants to come see a bunch of 10.90-11.1 throttle stop cars do bracket racing. There are fans for those yes, but as recent years have show there are more fans at drag and drive and no prep events than there are at most NHRA races. So bringing a larger variety to these events will help keep the sport and the interest alive so it doesn't die off where it is.

Despite all of the negative the positives from the weekend, to include sleeping in my enclosed at the track all week was awesome. The organizer on our end Donovan Linwood and his wife Marissa did an awesome job making sure everyone stayed fed each morning and evening and even had ice cream for us at the track for those crazy hot afternoons and evenings. Picture flood coming as well as a few videos. Now to get everything packed up and moved back east so I can get the motor out of the car and get that reluctor wheel issue checked out and check the thrust bearing as well. I don't want to have any doubts on issues when this thing goes back in. Then il be coming up to see you guys at Carlisle. I also have the coastal Virginia Auto Show in November too, and hopefully Dig or Die in December at Rockingham.

20240717_194543.jpg

20240717_195209.jpg

20240718_093958.jpg

20240718_095422.jpg

20240718_102713.jpg

20240718_121001.jpg

20240718_121132.jpg

20240718_121302.jpg

20240718_121814.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your pictures and experiences with us. I love the fact that you are out and driving this car, enjoying it as it was meant to be. It's really a shame that the electronic gremlins keep you from getting a chance to show just how potent this combination is. I hope you can find it and eliminate it for good soon.
Curious about why you are moving back east?

Thanks for sharing your pictures and experiences with us. I love the fact that you are out and driving this car, enjoying it as it was meant to be. It's really a shame that the electronic gremlins keep you from getting a chance to show just how potent this combination is. I hope you can find it and eliminate it for good soon.
Curious about why you are moving back east?
US Navy Life is why. I'm retired Navy but my wife is still active duty. We Finished a 3 yr tour here and my wife was requested back in VA for her new command so they're moving us back.

IMG_20240804_174606_308.jpg

IMG_20240804_174609_101.jpg

IMG_20240804_174612_019.jpg

IMG_20240804_174614_902.jpg

IMG_20240804_174603_717.jpg

IMG_20240804_174600_823.jpg

Thanks for your service, both of you. I hope to see you in person. I hope you post if you have any events when you get back to Virginia!!! I get to VB several times a week.
Your dart is amazing!

Thanks for your service, both of you. I hope to see you in person. I hope you post if you have any events when you get back to Virginia!!! I get to VB several times a week.
Your dart is amazing!
Absolutely will do. Once I plan to get up to VMP before the season ends up there. Just have to find our what events are left when I get the sync loss issue fixed after I get back. It sucks Richmond shut down a few years ago as well. I'll be running down at Hertford, and Coastal carolina and maybe even Kinston, NC too. Coastal VA auto show is November 22-24 and it'll be on display inside there for that as well.

Well everyone we are back on the east coast. We close on the house the 25th. I pulled the rear wheels off while I'm waiting and sent them off to rc comp to have them machined for beadlock rings.

Well everyone we are back on the east coast. We close on the house the 25th. I pulled the rear wheels off while I'm waiting and sent them off to rc comp to have them machined for beadlock rings.
Jeez, I just figured out you were in Washington and now you're gone.
The car is awesome, good luck.

Jeez, I just figured out you were in Washington and now you're gone.
The car is awesome, good luck.
Sorry man, the Navy calls.

I ordered up some new slicks, a new driveshaft speed sensor and got some other things in the works for the winter. Plan currently is the Coastal VA auto show in November and then Dig or Die on the back half of Rockingham December 6-7 to do some no prep racing with the extreme street guys.

-
Back