removing engine question

-

jdsduster

Reaction score
pulling the 360,will the trans (727) mount support the tranny by itself or will i need other support?

Pull the trans with it. From the bottom.

Ok. I was telling you the easiest way. Go for it.

better to put two wires through bell housing holes, some have a molded piece with a hole in it on the side. jack stand puts all the weight in one spot (not good) should something bad happen its now supported by the car. should you need to roll it out of the way for some reason, no problem

I find it easier to pull the engine and trans together...

pulling the 360,will the trans (727) mount support the tranny by itself or will i need other support?

What I did on mine was to simply put a cheap ratchet strap across the T bars, under the front of the bell. When I put the engine back in, I did have to jack the front of the TF up a little to get things aligned. Didn't even remove the hood.

^^^^^^^ Ratchet strap, rope, or chain across t/bars.. to hold it..

For install,, Put a piece of wood under the trans pan,, and jack/lift the trans till the bellhousing is lightly pinned to the floor and can't move,, then install motor..
removing jack after engine is secure to the trans, and before lowering it onto the mounts..

I usually put in the 3 and 6 o'clock bolts in from the front and tighten them,, then remove the jack, lift the vehicle and install the rest of the bolts from underneath, using a wobbly socket and loong extension...

hope it helps

^^^^^^^ Ratchet strap, rope, or chain across t/bars.. to hold it..

For install,, Put a piece of wood under the trans pan,, and jack/lift the trans till the bellhousing is lightly pinned to the floor and can't move,, then install motor..
removing jack after engine is secure to the trans, and before lowering it onto the mounts..

great,thank you.i may pull them both while im at it and have john cope go through and freshen it up.im pulling the 360 magnum and have mike at mrl build me a 408 stroker.i cant wait to get it done.ive heard mike is really good at stroker engines.its going to awsome to have a 500 hp small block.

great,thank you.i may pull them both while im at it and have john cope go through and freshen it up.im pulling the 360 magnum and have mike at mrl build me a 408 stroker.i cant wait to get it done.ive heard mike is really good at stroker engines.its going to awsome to have a 500 hp small block.

Given any thought on getting it to hook..???

Nice name drops; must be nice to be independently wealthy... :roll:

Yeah it's gonna be nice, nicer if you build it with your own two hands.. Since your into the bought not built thing, then he's right up your alley!

Nice name drops; must be nice to be independently wealthy... :roll:

Yeah it's gonna be nice, nicer if you build it with your own two hands.. Since your into the bought not built thing, then he's right up your alley!

i dont have the skills like you do to build a stroker and make it live longer than 5k miles

What I did on mine was to simply put a cheap ratchet strap across the T bars, under the front of the bell. When I put the engine back in, I did have to jack the front of the TF up a little to get things aligned. Didn't even remove the hood.

The cinch strap around torsion bars and cradling the trans works great.

If you have torsion bars, lol.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

-
Back