Replacement Motor Mounts

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
Does anyone sell replacement motor mounts? I tried Mancini and Summit and also Ebay and come of with ZERO!

Does anyone sell replacement motor mounts? I tried Mancini and Summit and also Ebay and come of with ZERO!

Mounts for what? Need more info. If it's a '72 dodge dart with a 340, napa has 'em for 8 bucks and change.

The mount is a junk yard piece, I dont know why anyone would repop them. the bicuits are all over the place, but you want the "magnum" type that have a safety interlok buried in the rubber, so if the rubber tears, the metal interlock keeps your motor from rolling over.

Schumacher Creative Services make new mounting brackets, together with original style (rubber) and urethane (interlocking) "biscuits". They have a website, just do a goodle to find it

I use a solid mount on the driver side and a rubber mount on the passenger side.
Solids are about $25 a pair and the rubber mount should be under $10.

The brackets are used only. Try Pming Crackedback. I bet he has a pair he will sell.

I use a solid mount on the driver side and a rubber mount on the passenger side.
Solids are about $25 a pair and the rubber mount should be under $10.

The brackets are used only. Try Pming Crackedback. I bet he has a pair he will sell.

Why use both?

The engine torque tends to pull the driver's side mount apart, so a solid mount holds together better. The right side is pushed on, so a rubber mount will hold together fine, is cheaper, and will help keep the engine vibration transfer to the passengers down a bit.

The engine torque tends to pull the driver's side mount apart, so a solid mount holds together better. The right side is pushed on, so a rubber mount will hold together fine, is cheaper, and will help keep the engine vibration transfer to the passengers down a bit.

Correct.

-
Back