Replacing spark plug wires

-
Thanks though. As it is my daily driver right now ill have to take it apart to get the body back to where it should be. I can't believe people just didn't take care of these things. Still see nice cars rotting away in yards and ask them to sell and they refuse angrily and would rather it rust and fall apart. Sad

rear end depends on what you can spend on it, and how much work you are willing to do
judging by the drawing of how you want the car to look, you don't mind getting your hands dirty
so I would suggest a ford 8.8 from an exploder or so

it will require some work, but probably at half the cost of a mopar 8 3/4

if you find someone who knows how to build a good transmission the 904 will hold up to a 408, if that is what you already have anyway
plus, there is about 25 less HP of parasitic drag on a 904 compared to a 727

Good to know. Always heard the 727 was the better trans for muscle. But I'll look into the ford 8.8 and the 904. Thanks.

I'm looking more towards the torque side but more hp would be nice. Right now I get to about 55 or 60 mph and she just doesn't sound like she wants to go any faster. I don't push it too much as I said before it is my daily and don't want it to blow up completely lol.

sounds like something is off

what gears do you have in there?

my /6 would go well passed 60 without breaking a sweat, with 2.76 gears

Honestly I have no idea and don't know how to check it. Like I said I'm new to fixing these mechanical things. I'm a paint and body guy. I can get the body looking as straight as it did when it first rolled off a lot but have no idea about how to fix motors and other things. Learning as I go. Ideas?

HOLD THE FORT !$!! 5K For valve cover gaskets ?!??
Here's an idea- buy a disposable car/truck while YOU work on the mopar ?

HOLD THE FORT !$!! 5K For valve cover gaskets ?!??
Here's an idea- buy a disposable car/truck while YOU work on the mopar ?

Hahaha. Yeah thought about it. Honestly it was a lot more than that. They put shocks and did a few other things for me as well. I just hate that I spent that much trying to fix the thing and other parts keep breaking and needing replacement. Like I said previously I could've bought a 408 turn key motor for that. But lesson learned. Also I work 70 hrs a week and barely have time to figure out what I'm doin. Lol

Hahaha. Yeah thought about it. Honestly it was a lot more than that. They put shocks and did a few other things for me as well. I just hate that I spent that much trying to fix the thing and other parts keep breaking and needing replacement. Like I said previously I could've bought a 408 turn key motor for that. But lesson learned. Also I work 70 hrs a week and barely have time to figure out what I'm doin. Lol

Get a factory service manual and ask questions. Lots of guys on here that can walk you through anything. You can sink your cash into parts instead of labor. I understand not having time, but if you're gonna pay someone to work on it find somebody honest. Better yet, find a local , knowledgable Mopar friend and buy him lots of steak dinners and beer...or work a trade for bodywork! For 5k you should be doing wheelies by now. Is the guy charging you $100 an hour to change some gaskets and maybe notch your valve covers???
Don't get too dicouraged. These things are money pits for sure, but if you are careful they can be a lot of fun for that money!

Get a factory service manual and ask questions. Lots of guys on here that can walk you through anything. You can sink your cash into parts instead of labor. I understand not having time, but if you're gonna pay someone to work on it find somebody honest. Better yet, find a local , knowledgable Mopar friend and buy him lots of steak dinners and beer...or work a trade for bodywork! For 5k you should be doing wheelies by now. Is the guy charging you $100 an hour to change some gaskets and maybe notch your valve covers???
Don't get too dicouraged. These things are money pits for sure, but if you are careful they can be a lot of fun!

Yeah it's no longer gonna be put in the shop. That was a starter point to fix major problems. I do have a ticking coming from motor. Sounds bad. Speeds up ticking when I give it gas. What's your thoughts on that? Could it be Pistons or the lifter arms?

Yeah it's no longer gonna be put in the shop. That was a starter point to fix major problems. I do have a ticking coming from motor. Sounds bad. Speeds up ticking when I give it gas. What's your thoughts on that? Could it be Pistons or the lifter arms?

Is the ticking as fast as the rpms of the motor or does it sound half as fast?

This is close to where I want mine to be finished.

View attachment 1714920298
that's a lot of money in a long time in the making. You said you weren't to mechanically inclined do you have body skills if not you'll be paying a lot for somebody to do that kind of work not trying to rain on your parade just and saying! I like your car the way it is looks cool good luck!

that's a lot of money in a long time in the making. You said you weren't to mechanically inclined do you have body skills if not you'll be paying a lot for somebody to do that kind of work not trying to rain on your parade just and saying! I like your car the way it is looks cool good luck!

Yeah actually was taught in school by the second highest ranked teacher in the country. First was a guy in Ca. But yes I can do body work and paint and interior. The sewing part sucks but quite cheaper done yourself. Also it's pretty easy to me. Most mechanics find it difficult but it's actually simple just tedious.

Thanks but that attached photo in your reply was what I want mine to look like. Right now mine has that rustoleum spray can primer on it. The person I bought the car from did that apparently. I intend on removing it very soon

This is my car it's a little dark. Also had a scoop on it but wasn't actually useful as there was no cut out in the hood for air to go through. Just an ornament basically. I removed it filled the holes sanded it and used the same can of rustoleum as rest of car. Good looks way better than the rest of it now. Got to get some replacement parts

image.png

still got that hood scoop ?
I might want it it its cheap enough ;)

still got that hood scoop ?
I might want it it its cheap enough ;)

Yeah still got it. It's the snorkel scoop. Never sold anything and shipped it. But tell me what u think is fair. It's in pretty good shape. Though the screws weren't correct size you may just want to get new ones. Tell me what u think is fair and it's yours. As long as it covers shipping I don't care

Yeah still got it. It's the snorkel scoop. Never sold anything and shipped it. But tell me what u think is fair. It's in pretty good shape. Though the screws weren't correct size you may just want to get new ones. Tell me what u think is fair and it's yours. As long as it covers shipping I don't care

Where abouts do u live buddy

I live out in Holland MI
I would imagine shipping wouldn't be more then 25 bucks?

but to be fair, if you post it in the for sale section I think you would have no problem selling it for over a hundred, no problem

so, if you want to do that and get a fair price for it I am fine with it

now, if you want to "donate" it to me for well less then that, I don't mind at all ;)

-
Back