Respectfully request what to look for when shopping for a used carb

-
For all those that are disagreeing are you saying there aren't better carbs out there then Edelbrock??..
5d3bc773ae70f.image.jpg

For all those that are disagreeing are you saying there aren't better carbs out there then Edelbrock??..

Better for "what"? I think the better way to put it is, there are different type carburetors for different things. Holley has always been synonymous for really hot street and race stuff. I kinda go along with that. The Edelbrock style carburetors do have a place though. They are really good about their "set it and forget it" attitude. They are probably the better carburetor for someone who may not know how to tune very well, for example. They are very simple.

Don't make me start referencing the hardened intermediate shaft. LMAO

Better for "what"? I think the better way to put it is, there are different type carburetors for different things. Holley has always been synonymous for really hot street and race stuff. I kinda go along with that. The Edelbrock style carburetors do have a place though. They are really good about their "set it and forget it" attitude. They are probably the better carburetor for someone who may not know how to tune very well, for example. They are very simple.

Don't make me start referencing the hardened intermediate shaft. LMAO

Shaft.."He's a bad mother..watch your mouth":D:D

I really like the new street demons, in fact I plan on putting a new one in place of the 700 holley DP I have on my duster.
I have a new in the box one, and the throttle cable brackets just came in today, so Saturday the duster will have a new carb.
The 700 holley has excellent cold start manners, even without a choke, runs excellent, with nice a/f ratio, but hot start is a chore, if it sits even 15 minutes.
I ran a street demon when they first came out and they are a truly set and forget carb, way better than an eldebrock.

-
Back