Retirement

-
Congrats man! Very happy for you....though I'll admit, I'm a little jealous! LOL! 23 yrs with my current place, fortunate to work in a company that understands that the people are it's greatest asset. That said, got about 7 more years before I retire.... Gotta get the girls through college 1st. (Talk about sticker shock !)

Enjoy the new found "me time" ny340!
Pat

I have to admit I have always persued the activities in life that I wanted, not that I could afford the best. but I worked hard to do what I wanted. 69 years later no regrets.
I still get up at 5 am everyday, I say stay active until you can't go any farther. me, I just get a little "tired'er" a little quicker nowdays.

I still see the wonders of this world God gave all of us to enjoy.

I have to admit I have always persued the activities in life that I wanted, not that I could afford the best. but I worked hard to do what I wanted. 69 years later no regrets.
I still get up at 5 am everyday, I say stay active until you can't go any farther. me, I just get a little "tired'er" a little quicker nowdays.

I still see the wonders of this world God gave all of us to enjoy.
Well said

For Gods sake, don't just sit, veg and watch TV.

I semi-retired in 2012, still do some freelance work for my old employers.
Having an almost 200 year old house and a 50 year old "A", there's always something to do. Dunno how I managed it when I was still working full time!

I have an old childhood friend who retired about 10 years ago...no real hobbies or anything. His whole life seems to be babysitting his daughter's dog. :rolleyes:Dunno how he does it...I'd be bored to tears.

Big grats! about 7 more years for me I hope.I spend more time thinking about it these days.

Just over two left for me, My buddy retired from the fire dept a few years ago. I asked him if he was keeping busy, he told me he doesn't know how he got anything done when he had to work everyday!

Just over two left for me, My buddy retired from the fire dept a few years ago. I asked him if he was keeping busy, he told me he doesn't know how he got anything done when he had to work everyday!
I use to hear all the old timers come by the Firehouse and say the same thing. Since I retired 9/11, I now know what they mean!

Congrat's... I'm on freedom 85.. a few years ago I went on a fishing trip and my wife bought another house, now another mortgage to pay off. Lucky I enjoy my work... good luck man and enjoy !!!

Congrats!

My parents retired last year and have been absolutely loving it. My Old Man has always exercised - running a 4 miles every other day, and the days he doesn't run, he rides his bike for 20 miles. He's managed to get my mom to start exercising too, and she is in the best shape she's been in since they got married.

My point is, stay active, stay sane, and have a blast!

I don't even know how many years of working I have left, honestly haven't even though about it yet. Gotta be 30+.

Cheers!

I have 15 years left I'm envious congrats. I dream about retiring everyday. Too many guys in my trade wait way too long to retire and when they finally do they are so worn out and broke down they can't do anything but spend time in hospitals and rehab(physical therapy). Have fun.

Well I got 10 more years on my mortgage so I guess I'll be working to at least age 74 then,Lord willing. Then I can start freshening my "Cuda"........'til I'm 84, then keel over and will the car to my only son,never having driven it again.
Lucky you...........
In all reality, this is most likely my scenario, working way too long to "keep it going". But really, I plan on working part time somewhere close to home. was thinking about being "The old guy" at Autozone selling parts. 15 minute ride from the house instead of the 1 hour commute one way every day that I am doing now.

In all reality, this is most likely my scenario, working way too long to "keep it going". But really, I plan on working part time somewhere close to home. was thinking about being "The old guy" at Autozone selling parts. 15 minute ride from the house instead of the 1 hour commute one way every day that I am doing now.
No RRR owns that tittle, working at O'Reileys .

No RRR owns that tittle, working at O'Reileys .
I always told my tool customers that I wanted to drive the NAPA truck with the blue cap on the top. LOL 2 parts stores are after me so far. (and a funeral home) LOL I will probably work part time somewhere after the first of the year. No sense in getting in a hurry!

problem is with most of us guys, we bust our *** working all these years, and it can be hard to just, " slow down and chill". we are like the darn racehorse (RAT) going to the s tarting gate, be have been in the horse (RAT) race too long.

I have 15 years left I'm envious congrats. I dream about retiring everyday. Too many guys in my trade wait way too long to retire and when they finally do they are so worn out and broke down they can't do anything but spend time in hospitals and rehab(physical therapy). Have fun.
What is your trade? I am equip maint and it gets harder every day to get up and down from the creeper, lol

I always told my tool customers that I wanted to drive the NAPA truck with the blue cap on the top. LOL 2 parts stores are after me so far. (and a funeral home) LOL I will probably work part time somewhere after the first of the year. No sense in getting in a hurry!
Problem is the longer you get from your retirement date, the less your willing to work anywhere! I thought about driving a NAPA delivery truck before I retired. Now? Not so much.

My boss who is going in just under 2 years says this. I have 10 to go and he tells me get done what you want done now because in a few years you wont want to do anything.

My boss who is going in just under 2 years says this. I have 10 to go and he tells me get done what you want done now because in a few years you wont want to do anything.
The exact words my Dad use to tell me."Do what you want to do now, cause when you finally have the time and money, you won't want to do them"

The exact words my Dad use to tell me."Do what you want to do now, cause when you finally have the time and money, you won't want to do them"
that is exactly why I starting doing all the things in life I wanted to do and could do when I was in my 20's.. must be why I retired broken up, tired and poor!? ha

-
Back