Rocker arms that clear larger diameter springs

-
Sure but without knowing any better back in the day when they were a new product I installed set of OOTB Edelbrock small block heads on my 360 and have not had an issue yet.
Though I'm sure someone will have something doubtful to say about it. Or cast some unfounded shadow of how I have no idea how poor there performing.
mine seem to be working well , did not find anything wrong with them , guess I was lucky , you were as well .

I just picked up a pair of the comp ultra pro magnums, and they are substantially better than my old rockers, the rollers are so much better too! And they clear the springs without issues at all.

But as I was test fitting them I noticed they didnt come with any hold downs, and state in the instructions that they use stamped hold down as require at least 30 thou clearance between them. Are they saying to use the stock rocker arm hold downs? I put them on with those and they make the clearances too tight, do I have to shave some material off of the stock holddowns for them to fit?

On the rockers there is a 1 or a 2 on the bodies, but I cannot tell the difference between them, what do those numbers mean? Because I also dont have to same number of each.

Since your running valve springs with well over 3 times the open pressure stock hold downs were designed for I'd upgrade the hold downs and their fasteners

Big springs need clearanced rockers. I really goofed and got some 340 springs off e bay and the guys that did my heads made them work. With my mild build I could have used stock replacements. lol I clearanced my rockers to make them work. I know my story is miles away from Dart Vader's build but the theory is the same.

Attachments

• 100_5227.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 141
Would aftermarket hold downs fit better? because if they are anything like the stock one they will need alot of work to fit with the specified clearance, but because of my spring pressures I can imagine it would be quite taxing on the stock ones.

Big springs need clearanced rockers. I really goofed and got some 340 springs off e bay and the guys that did my heads made them work. With my mild build I could have used stock replacements. lol I clearanced my rockers to make them work. I know my story is miles away from Dart Vader's build but the theory is the same.

How much did you have to take off of them? because I remember my old rockers were tight and the springs weren't even that big. If you are ever upgrading your rocker arms using larger springs then the comp ones I just picked up wont need to be clearanced at all, which was a plus for me.

And my build started out like yours, except it snowballed... pretty substantial jump from a pretty small flat tappet to a solid roller cam! lol

I had the same problem had each rocker notched . Not that big a deal , I'm using the same rockers .

-
Back