"Rookie-Touring" '69 Dart

-
Very Nice? Can I be part of the pro touring club? does it exist?

IMG00388-20100430-1742.jpg

Nice ride and concept. There are more of us out there that like the Pro Touring rides. I like Rally so Touring naturally falls into place.

I cant wait to see you driving around GR. Maybe I will catch you at one of the ice cream shops....

Very Nice? Can I be part of the pro touring club? does it exist?

www.protouringmopar.com; it's a small club, but we have a place to hang and call home. also check out www.pro-touring.com and/or www.lateral-g.net if you haven't already. What are you building and what are the plans. Need more pics and details! Looks great from that angle. Start a build thread if you haven't.

Thanks Tony.

Oneway, where abouts in Michigan are you located?

I am a little North East of GR. North of Ionia MI, out in the sticks.

Thanks for posting the links to the other sites; I hadnt realized there were any sites available for Pro Touring. When I start on the Duster I may go that route. The car would be more in tune for how I drive.

Progress baby YEAH!!! Not exactly the kind of progress I'd like at this point, the kind where the car is getting built and it's on all 4's and rolling around and stuff, but progress none-the-less. I just worked an awesome deal for all the Viper related stuff I need. All my suspension components, frame cuts to build a jig, electric brake/clutch pedal assembly, gas pedal (all with the nice aluminum pedals), nuts & bolts, clutch MC and brake booster/MC, all my parking brake stuff (levers, cables, pulleys, etc), seats, and complete ABS system (gonna try to make it work). Don Scharf Automotive in Eagle River, WI hooked me up with an incredible deal saving me thousands $$$$$$. The only thing I still need is the hood scoop from a Ram SRT10 hood, and they will let me know when they get one in. I already have brakes, wheels, rear end, mirrors, third brake light.

After some discussion about doing the Dart as a wide-body, I'm having my rendering reworked as well to get a look at that. BUT, I'm having it done by someone else. A guy that has only recently appeared on PT.com & Lat-G. He does his renderings in digital 3D, and they look absolutely stellar. Should have that ready in a couple weeks. Going to look at doing some other things as well, besides the wide-body. For example, vents in the hood similar to the SRT-10 Viper, possible change in the paint scheme reminiscent of the ACR Viper, and any other ideas he has or we come up with together. You all are going to be blown away by the quality, I'm telling you...

Only 6 more months until I can play. Sometimes it seems like time does not tick away fast enough... I'm certainly not going to wish it away though, life in Switzerland is far too good for that. But I am real excited about coming back stateside and getting to work! Hope everybody else is doing well with their projects this summer.

66 and 44. Plans for the Duster originally were to just restore and use the /6; but I already have that with the Valiant. And my Dart has the 318. A friend of mine in GR has a Duster with 440.

I want something different, I am unsure of engine at this time but I want the car to handle extremely well. I would love to take it to Grattan for the Vintage races. It's fun to watch the Porsches and American muscle cars duke it out.

Progress baby YEAH!!! Not exactly the kind of progress I'd like at this point, the kind where the car is getting built and it's on all 4's and rolling around and stuff, but progress none-the-less. I just worked an awesome deal for all the Viper related stuff I need. All my suspension components, frame cuts to build a jig, electric brake/clutch pedal assembly, gas pedal (all with the nice aluminum pedals), nuts & bolts, clutch MC and brake booster/MC, all my parking brake stuff (levers, cables, pulleys, etc), seats, and complete ABS system (gonna try to make it work). Don Scharf Automotive in Eagle River, WI hooked me up with an incredible deal saving me thousands $$$$$$. The only thing I still need is the hood scoop from a Ram SRT10 hood, and they will let me know when they get one in. I already have brakes, wheels, rear end, mirrors, third brake light.

After some discussion about doing the Dart as a wide-body, I'm having my rendering reworked as well to get a look at that. BUT, I'm having it done by someone else. A guy that has only recently appeared on PT.com & Lat-G. He does his renderings in digital 3D, and they look absolutely stellar. Should have that ready in a couple weeks. Going to look at doing some other things as well, besides the wide-body. For example, vents in the hood similar to the SRT-10 Viper, possible change in the paint scheme reminiscent of the ACR Viper, and any other ideas he has or we come up with together. You all are going to be blown away by the quality, I'm telling you...

Only 6 more months until I can play. Sometimes it seems like time does not tick away fast enough... I'm certainly not going to wish it away though, life in Switzerland is far too good for that. But I am real excited about coming back stateside and getting to work! Hope everybody else is doing well with their projects this summer.

Great to hear you are making progress. Once all the parts and planning are done things will come together fast. Your car is going to make mine look like scrap.

I don't know how I missed this thread. The car and the PT concept are awesome. When I saw you were going with Viper stuff I was going to suggest Don Scharf Automotive but I see you already found him. Paul Scharf is a great guy, I know him through a mutual freind that I used to race with that is from Eagle River. Scharf is the largest dealer of used Viper parts in the country, and a good guy to boot. I'll be watching this one, good luck on the build.

I don't know Nate, all the salvage and home built stuff on our cars, they may both look like scrap...

Paul at Scharf has been awesome and very good to work with. He's the kind of guy I wish I had more to buy so I could send more business his way. I connected with all the Viper recyclers in the country, half said go to Scharf, the other half couldn't touch what he offered me.

Got an update on my digital rendering yesterday. We are playing with some new stripe options, along with the wide body and some other stuff. I'm really liking where the revision is going. Can't wait to show the finished product.

Will the hemi be fuel injected or have a carb? The newer 5.7's have variable valve timing (coaxial cam) and are rated at 390 HP stock, mated to the six speed that will be one fun car.

The Hemi will be fuel injected. It's an 03 or 04 engine (?) and doesn't have VVT. I'm going to run the AEM programmable computer. Some eventual mods are planned, like head work and possibly a new intake manifold from precision metalcraft. It has a 6.1 cam in it now but I may up that a bit. We'll see what it puts down on a chassis dyno before I start the engine mods. I'd like 450 to the wheels. Should be a lot of fun with the six speed.

I'm sure it will be a lot of fun no mater what HP you are puttin down.......

Great build, and much more patience than I could muster,2 weeks every twelve months Id go nuts,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew. It's not easy and I've never been good with patience, but I guess no time like the present to learn. It has been a benefit that it's allowed me to change plans many, many times, usually without spending money (but not always), to get to what I really want. Should move along fairly quick once I have the chassis together.

Swillwill your car looks sick.Love the wheel combo.id be interested in getting into a protouring dart club if there is one .My build is a 67 dart with 6.1 hemi. Not sure yet what tranny im going with but it will be od for sure.Keep up all the sick work all u pro touring guys.love seeing mopars in the mix.

Swillwill your car looks sick.Love the wheel combo.id be interested in getting into a protouring dart club if there is one .My build is a 67 dart with 6.1 hemi. Not sure yet what tranny im going with but it will be od for sure.Keep up all the sick work all u pro touring guys.love seeing mopars in the mix.

Your in! Welcome to the club....

Welcome to the club Hemidart67.

Thanks for the guys. I'm loving how my project is evolving and I can't wait to post up the revised rendering once it's finished. Some small and bigger changes but it's coming together better than I had visualized. More soon.

nice thread! ride is looking super clean and the plans are Ace.. Im on the look out for updates8) take care, good luck

No physical new updates yet. Viper suspension, frame sections, seats, anti-lock brake system, and some other goodies on the way. I also had my rendering reworked and it was just finished. I was looking at possibly doing a wide-body mod on the quarters and fenders so I could stuff an entire Viper chassis under the body. We looked at it a lot of different ways and realized that the lines on the Dart just don't look right as a wide body so we opted not to go that route. We ended up reworking the hood a bit, moved the driving lights to the bumper, changed the stripe (when I get closer I'll need Challenger Gary to work up a stencil for me), gave the project a name and made a few other small changes. Below is the revised rendering and the new blueprint for the project, which has now been named the "Scud". If you play darts at all you are probably familiar with the term. If not, look it up. I'm really pumped about the direction the project is taking and can't wait to get back on it. Like I said, I have a lot of parts on the way along with a plasma cutter, and new Millermatic 211 so I plan to have a whole lot of fun this winter.

Tmp00001-1.jpg

The rendering was done by Shawn Mascoll, of Mascoll Designs (www.mascolldesigns.com). He does all his stuff in digital 3D and has done a couple other Darts which I'll post in another thread. Really cool stuff. I would strongly encourage y'all to pick up some wall art of your ride and you can swing it.

I can't wait to see it...

The rendering looks awsome, one comment....The door post and vent window frame would disappear if you painted it black instead of blue.

-
Back