Ross' '71 dart swinger

-

res1vw21

It's only metal
Reaction score
I have been busy this past week. I blew up the /6 on Tara's dart when I was bringing it to my house to start the body work. That was Saturday night. On Sunday I started the body work and primed it on Thursday. Here are the pics and I will use this thread as a running journal.
-Ross-

here are some pics. The plan is flat black or gray primer for now. We are going to drop in a 360 and 4sp that I have laying around, and make the interior decent before we come back to the exterior. What do you guys think?

DCP_3998.jpg

DCP_4002.jpg

DCP_4008.jpg

DCP_4009.jpg

DCP_4010.jpg

DCP_4012.jpg

i think that not alot of girls get excited when they see a car like that. You are LUCKY!!

It looks good in primer, and it would be interesting to see it in flat black too. and a 360 with a 4 speed will really be nice!

Course I got yelled at for putting that pic up, it was 2 in the morning and she "wasn't looking her best". oops, more pics to come

OUCH! Twisted my neck tryin to get a look at the lady. Ya gotta post pictures the right way. My neck don't bend anymore.

Come on Tara, get on him to do things right! LOL

Car looks like a good project.

Course I got yelled at for putting that pic up, it was 2 in the morning and she "wasn't looking her best". oops, more pics to come

Prove it. Everything looks "tight" there to me. The car I mean...

(Razzzberries) The lady looks tight. (All complomentive comment of course)

Got yelled at!?!?!? For what?!?!?

Ya look great Tara. Stop being critical of yourself. You havn't seen me after a triple shift in the rain. (YIKES!!!!!!!)

Nice car keep up the good work. Its nice to see that she likes the car I dont know to many girls that like older cars like that its usually the Eclipses and Celicas they like. But awesome and good luck

Today was a busy day we painted that dart in dp90lf, and it turned out ok for a driveway paint job. tomorrow we will do some touch up and then it is time to start reassembling it all. The idea of using dp90 is that the bodywork is ok but rushed ( I had one week to pound it all out and the c pilers needed to be redone) so lets get something on it that will look decent so that we can get the rest of the car up to spec. The pics are after the first coat and I had to go to work so my dad did the second coat for me. Tara was great helping as much as she could with prep sanding and holding the air hose, she didn't want to try her had at spraying though.

DCP_4038.jpg

DCP_4034.jpg

DCP_4037.jpg

DCP_4035.jpg

DCP_4036.jpg

DCP_4046.jpg

Damn man it looks 100 times better than when you brougt it over to my house!!!

Leave it in Dp90 and you can sneak it into Hot Rod-A-Rama in Tacoma Aug first and second LOL.

sludge monster tried running seafoam through it, dislodged a clot, no oil light due to previous owners rewire, and freeway.

Now theres a great shot. Though if I was her, I'd shot you for that shot...hair up, mask on, cover all!?!?!?1 Ya, you'd be dead. LOL

Pics as promised. I am going to start reassembly as soon as I'm done posting this so there should be some more tomorrow.

DCP_4048.jpg

DCP_4049.jpg

DCP_4050.jpg

DCP_4051.jpg

I put the trim and bumpers on today and it looks really good! Now I get to start doing everything for the 360 4spd swap. Thanks for all the great comments keep em commen

DCP_4054.jpg

DCP_4055.jpg

DCP_4060.jpg

DCP_4061.jpg

DCP_4063.jpg

looks great! I'll be bugging you about the engine swap process soon!

-
Back