Ross' '71 dart swinger

-
Thanks
less then a gallon of each, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy a gallon that way you have touch up paint.

so I sorta um maybe crashed my dart last week.... nothing bad I was cut off by some dude in a grand prix, (I think) locked up my brakes and hit a curb doing 60ish getting on the freeway, I guess I didn't realize we were racing lol

Any way I bent my drivers side LCA/strut rod and messed up a wheel. Also it dented the lower part of the fender onto the first few 'in of the rocker.

Anyway not a big deal I have all the parts to fix it and I have it almost all back together, but while I was waiting for some paint to dry on the new LCA I did something I haven't done before. I washed, clay bared, and waxed her! I hadn't done it before because I am going to be repainting her shortly (same color) so I wasn't too worried about it.

Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

Attachments

• 0307112041.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 476
Darts all fixed and driving.

I just got my SC engine back from the machine shop.
The 360 is going to go into the swinger for awhile and when I go 440 in the swinger it will slid into the SC engine compartment.

Anyway just a mild build on this one, '71 thick wall block that was was main line honed, (motor home block so the main caps were not 100% square) decked 65thou, hot tanked, new cam bearings, honed, mag tested, and the crank turned, rods done, pistons and rods balanced.

The heads are '71 J heads that I am going to have 2.02's 1.88's with new seats, guides, springs ect and do a little port work on.

Compression should be about 9.4:1 with a fairly mild used cam (I don't remember the specs off the top of my head)

Going to just use stamped rockers and std push-rods and up top either a performer or an air gap (I have both but haven't decided but most likely a performer) with a 650cfm 4150 DP, and a set of hooker headers to 2.5in dual with H pipe exhaust.

As for the rest of the car it will be a standard 4spd going to a 8 3/4 with 3.55 (in both the swinger and eventually the SC.)

It should be a nice little SB that isn't horrible to feed.
0511111015.jpg

From the Spring round up car show June 5th

Attachments

• 260198_125647690850118_100002146630437_194432_7162867_n.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 363
I scored today!
We went to the local pick and pull and there was a '77 tradesman van with a roller cam 318 in it that looked like it had been recently rebuilt. The intake and carb were already gone but they had left behind the very nice looking 302 heads with the expensive silicone valve stem seals and the spot faced rockers and valves.

They were obviously rebuilt recently and I just couldn't pass them up for 70 bucks.

Currently the Swinger has a '71 318 in her that smokes like valve stem seals so I am planning on cleaning these up and swapping them on, looking forward to the added bump in compression with the heart shaped valves.

Nice score bro :) when you going to show your face down here again?

-
Back