Rubber hose mount

-

Steve77

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 1970 Dart and I am currently installing a disc brake conversion kit. I’m installing the rubber caliper lines into the tab on the frame rail but I can’t get the end through far enough to install the clip. Is the hole in the tab supposed to be enlarged to fit the new hose?

Pics

268711E0-28F6-4455-8298-146F804D454E.jpeg

61A7C493-FDD5-4605-B31A-4C02F5E8BC9C.jpeg

92DCDDAF-CF65-4686-8418-35A2EF072EF4.jpeg

It looks like that "hex" part needs to go through the hole. Neve knew there was a difference between drum and disk tabs?

It looks like that "hex" part needs to go through the hole. Neve knew there was a difference between drum and disk tabs?

That’s what I was thinking. Should I drill out the tab enough for the hex part to go inside the tab? That should let the C clip on the hose rest up against the tab.

That’s what I was thinking. Should I drill out the tab enough for the hex part to go inside the tab? That should let the C clip on the hose rest up against the tab.
Try a file or dremmel to make a hex in it to lock it in so the metal line can be tightened? They unbolt? If so put out a want add, sure some one has them around.

That's what I would do, should not take to long. Never caught that before.

LOL That box of small riffle files you have had for years and never used will pay off!

Yea I had to take the round file to mine to fit the replacement hose and still the clip was a bit of a pita.

-
Back