SB 6 Pack on EBay

-
No bad turns (AKA Curves) with that!
628DC172-DA07-4839-A90E-0DB37AC83231.jpeg

I bet it never gets used due to the cost of everything else that is required to do one correctly. Let's hope a FABO member bought it thou.

I bet it never gets used due to the cost of everything else that is required to do one correctly. Let's hope a FABO member bought it thou.

An inquiring mind would like to know what the costs are for a complete six pack/barrel set-up. The large hardware items are the intake manifold, carbs and air intake. Are the linkages hard to come by (throttle and kickdown if auto)? And is it expensive simply due to limited supply of original and even aftermarket parts?

Another $2100 and the person will have the perfect set up. Ready to bolt on to the car of their choice. :rolleyes:

Go to Holley.com and check out there prices on there brand new (of course) six pack carbs.
(Be prepped for choke...)
Then find the air cleaner base, top & element.
Check Year One or like places.
(Get ready to puke!)
When you find all the linkages & fuel lines, add it all up!
Check Year One again.
(You may pass out at the total...)

On my set up, I found a place going out of biz selling stuff stupid cheap years back. I added a full intake porting and then powder coated it. It’ll be coupled to a set of Edelbrock CNC’d heads on a .030 over 340 block and a 340 main, 360 stroke forged crank for a min. of 372/373 cubic inches on the final assembly.

Those 3 photos. $2800. Hope your sitting down. And that was 5 year ago prices.

20160404_195738.jpg

20160404_195801.jpg

20160311_210657.jpg

Go to Holley.com and check out there prices on there brand new (of course) six pack carbs.
(Be prepped for choke...)
Then find the air cleaner base, top & element.
Check Year One or like places.
(Get ready to puke!)
When you find all the linkages & fuel lines, add it all up!
Check Year One again.
(You may pass out at the total...)

On my set up, I found a place going out of biz selling stuff stupid cheap years back. I added a full intake porting and then powder coated it. It’ll be coupled to a set of Edelbrock CNC’d heads on a .030 over 340 block and a 340 main, 360 stroke forged crank for a min. of 372/373 cubic inches on the final assembly.

Thank you for the information.

Those 3 photos. $2800. Hope your sitting down. And that was 5 year ago prices.
It's just money. A good HP intake and single carb combo are well over $1000 new. An MPI fuel injection setup is several thousand to do right and tune. Yeah, you can make the car go down the road with $100 worth of rebuilt junkyard parts, but if you want to have cool stuff it usually costs money. A crusty old AVS on a rusty CI intake isn't too sexy.

I bought mine a couple of months ago complete for less than a grand. So just keep your eyes open and your money saved up.

15975296594082796712561558107144.jpg

So just keep your eyes open and your money saved up.

THIS!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Build the bank account up nice and fat. This way, when you see it, you just pull the trigger and shoot!

It's just money. A good HP intake and single carb combo are well over $1000 new. An MPI fuel injection setup is several thousand to do right and tune. Yeah, you can make the car go down the road with $100 worth of rebuilt junkyard parts, but if you want to have cool stuff it usually costs money. A crusty old AVS on a rusty CI intake isn't too sexy.

That is true. You do the (expensive) 6 pack because you want to. The rpm range of this set up is the same as a rpm & a 750. A lot cheaper it is.

Pffft, your just poor. $2800 is a drop in the bucket in a car restoration budget.
What it's worth vs what I paid are two different things. Just because I quoted $2800 is not what I paid. I actually bought it for $695 as the pictures show. The ball is in your court. :poke: Game on!

Last edited:
I basically got one of my six pack setups for free. Bought a 72 Cuda for $2600, someones abandoned project. Had a complete 340 in it with 727. Sitting on the 340 was a brand new complete six pack with air cleaner. The car also had an original mopar 69 B body dana in it. Not to mention it came with an NOS grill and lower valance filler. I stripped the car and kept everything except the rear and the rolling shell. Sold those and recouped nearly all my money. I almost forgot, also had a new AAR fiberglass hood on it. Sold that too.

What it's worth vs what I paid are two different things. Just because I quoted $2800 is not what I paid. I actually bought it for $695 as the pictures show. The ball is in your court. :poke: Game on!

Hey you’re back! Yet you still haven’t provided any info, aside from bragging again for how much you paid for yours. Shows you only chime in when you can post repetitive photos of your setup yet drop prices on what it would cost implying other folks aren’t a baller like you.

Its kiddygarten, Show n Tell, time that's all its ever been. Oooh he scored a deal...hes the only one that knows how to doooo dat. Lol:rolleyes:
Hey you’re back! Yet you still haven’t provided any info, aside from bragging again for how much you paid for yours. Shows you only chime in when you can post repetitive photos of your setup yet drop prices on what it would cost implying other folks aren’t a baller like you.

Thank you for the information.
Air cleaner assembly
MOPAR - Air Cleaner Assembly Kit — Non-Cold Air
Air filter
Mancini Racing Six Pack Air Filter Element
Center carb - 340
Holley 0-4792 350 CFM Factory Muscle Car Replacement Carburetor
No 340 out board carbs available, use this 440 unit X 2, it is $17 cheaper than the earlier year model. It’s only a jet change in difference;
Holley 0-4672 500 CFM Factory Muscle Car Replacement Carburetor
Throttle linkage
Six Pack Throttle Rods
Throttle return spring
https://www.manciniracing.com/340440sixpat.html
Throttle return bracket
Mancini Racing Throttle Return Spring Bracket
Throttle bracket
Mancini Racing Throttle Cable Mounting Bracket
Upgraded fuel line in lieu of the smaller diameter OEM
ULTRAPRO Six-Pack Fuel Hose Kit - Poly
Coil bracket
Mancini Racing Six Pack Coil Strap Mounting Bracket

Then add in the intake manifold that is t being made anymore.

If you run a RB (B series is $100 cheaper)
—-> Mancini Racing Six Pack Assembly - 413-440 Engines

Air cleaner assembly
MOPAR - Air Cleaner Assembly Kit — Non-Cold Air
Air filter
Mancini Racing Six Pack Air Filter Element
Center carb - 340
Holley 0-4792 350 CFM Factory Muscle Car Replacement Carburetor
No 340 out board carbs available, use this 440 unit X 2, it is $17 cheaper than the earlier year model. It’s only a jet change in difference;
Holley 0-4672 500 CFM Factory Muscle Car Replacement Carburetor
Throttle linkage
Six Pack Throttle Rods
Throttle return spring
Mancini Racing Six Pack Throttle Return Spring
Throttle return bracket
Mancini Racing Throttle Return Spring Bracket
Throttle bracket
Mancini Racing Throttle Cable Mounting Bracket
Upgraded fuel line in lieu of the smaller diameter OEM
ULTRAPRO Six-Pack Fuel Hose Kit - Poly
Coil bracket
Mancini Racing Six Pack Coil Strap Mounting Bracket

Then add in the intake manifold that is t being made anymore.

If you run a RB (B series is $100 cheaper)
—-> Mancini Racing Six Pack Assembly - 413-440 Engines

Thank you for taking the time for providing the info.

One of our other members is only willing to inform us that restoring/owning a Mopar is expensive. Yeah we are already well aware of that being owners ourselves. It’s about as informative as telling us when our gas gauge is empty we should fill up our gas tank. Duh.

No problem, it’s the morning for me (grave yard shift worker) so I had some time to kill. I always say you have to want to do one of these set ups. Don’t let anyone tell you these are impossible to tune, it doesn’t perform as well as a single 4bbl., or any other jive. It is old tech and the way they did things back in the day while under constraints of being a major manufacturer that has to pass emissions, safety and longevity for the public. Seldom does a car/engine package exceed the power of what the aftermarket can provide.

MoPar had the last of the 3 deuce set ups offered as stock. It is arguably the best of them but it is the best street small block package. With this, your just a few parts away from a seriously hot package. Cam, headers and ported heads. As of today’s offerings, ported heads are a click of the button away.

The cost is high. An RPM-AG and a carb to suite is a lot cheaper and just as effective. But lacks the bling, cool factor. Most multiple carb owners (that have there stuff dialed in right!) will tell you they never want to ever go back to a single 4bbl.

A six pack is the most felxable induction system from a mild daily driver to a little wild 11 second runner.

No problem, it’s the morning for me (grave yard shift worker) so I had some time to kill. I always say you have to want to do one of these set ups. Don’t let anyone tell you these are impossible to tune, it doesn’t perform as well as a single 4bbl., or any other jive. It is old tech and the way they did things back in the day while under constraints of being a major manufacturer that has to pass emissions, safety and longevity for the public. Seldom does a car/engine package exceed the power of what the aftermarket can provide.

MoPar had the last of the 3 deuce set ups offered as stock. It is arguably the best of them but it is the best street small block package. With this, your just a few parts away from a seriously hot package. Cam, headers and ported heads. As of today’s offerings, ported heads are a click of the button away.

The cost is high. An RPM-AG and a carb to suite is a lot cheaper and just as effective. But lacks the bling, cool factor. Most multiple carb owners (that have there stuff dialed in right!) will tell you they never want to ever go back to a single 4bbl.

A six pack is the most felxable induction system from a mild daily driver to a little wild 11 second runner.

I’m intrigued by the 6 pack/barrel setup. Like anything new, it seems daunting but, once fiddling with it, it should make sense. On my wish list down the road is replacing the 318 for something with more grunt but era/period correct which points towards a larger LA engine. For the wallet I know a 360 would be best as I dream about options.....

Last edited:
-
Back