Scammer member Wuym

-
Just a question: Why is requesting to use email a red flag? I usually do that when I'm buying. It seems to be quicker and sending pictures is a lot easier.
I have bought a lot of parts through FABO, and I must say that dealing with members on here has been an enjoyable experience, every time.
I always look at the public profile of the people I am buying from. If the member has no previous posts and is a new member, I usually don't contact them. Just a suggestion.

Just a question: Why is requesting to use email a red flag? I usually do that when I'm buying. It seems to be quicker and sending pictures is a lot easier.
I have bought a lot of parts through FABO, and I must say that dealing with members on here has been an enjoyable experience, every time.
I always look at the public profile of the people I am buying from. If the member has no previous posts and is a new member, I usually don't contact them. Just a suggestion.
The Email was only a red flag because he immediately wanted to communicate that way. Why do we have to use email when we have a PM system here? I understand if its easier to post pictures, but in hindsight it was just another red flag for me. As for the suggestion to not contact a new member with no previous posts, I agree and see my error now. I wish I would have thought of that!

Maybe FABO should institue a policy that you could not post classifieds unless you had a certain number of posts to your credit - say 10, maybe 25? At least you could look at the posts and see if they seemed valid.

Maybe FABO should institue a policy that you could not post classifieds unless you had a certain number of posts to your credit - say 10, maybe 25? At least you could look at the posts and see if they seemed valid.
this I agree with entirely, because there are a couple people that joined just to post a classified ad. After selling or buying said item(s) they never post again...

Good suggestion, but in this case, he responded to a "Wanted" add I had posted. He snuck in the back door, and being horney for the part, i went ahead with the deal. I got f#@ked and didn't even get kissed.

Only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bag. I personally like FABO and am glad it exists, as I was able to find some parts for my car that I needed and sell a few things along the way too.

This has been discussed ad nauseum.

That's what they do in Dodgeforum.com

This was more a matter of common sense, or lack there of. I don't think imposing restrictions on the 99% for the sake of the 1% is a good thing. And yeah I was one of the people ripped by this person. The red flags where there. I chose to ignore them and paid for it in the end. It is what it is and I blame no one, but myself.

what dose the word in bold mean ? Sorry . To the op Im sorry you got took . Just go with your Gut man . Some one with 200,000 posts can still scam ya . I really dont deal much . But when i do its most of the time face to face . Or ive talked to them alot in the 3 years ive been here before we have even talked bout dealin . I DONT use e bay . Or am i a member of any other sites (that i go too any more lol ) this place was the 1st place on the net i ever sold any thing on . You have alot of good members here I still remember my 1st sell here . I had no ideal how to ship pack or any thing . the feller told me how to do it and worked with me . He got his wheels and i leaned some thing . Thats what made me stay here ....... We caint stop all the scams but we can all still stick togather . I rambled alittle lol

what dose the word in bold mean ? Sorry . To the op Im sorry you got took . Just go with your Gut man . Some one with 200,000 posts can still scam ya . I really dont deal much . But when i do its most of the time face to face . Or ive talked to them alot in the 3 years ive been here before we have even talked bout dealin . I DONT use e bay . Or am i a member of any other sites (that i go too any more lol ) this place was the 1st place on the net i ever sold any thing on . You have alot of good members here I still remember my 1st sell here . I had no ideal how to ship pack or any thing . the feller told me how to do it and worked with me . He got his wheels and i leaned some thing . Thats what made me stay here ....... We caint stop all the scams but we can all still stick togather . I rambled alittle lol

To a disgusting or ridiculous degree; to the point of nausea.

the person who scammed me on e-bay had almost 100,000 good sales...he just happened to go under a month or two earlier but was still taking money for orders..

But I agree...one post and they are selling a mopar....gives us a craigs list feel..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68coupe View Post
Quote:

I was just trying to make a helpful suggestion. I don't live my life on this forum and didn't know it had been discussed to the point of making someone nauseous. It won't happen again!

"I was just trying to make a helpful suggestion..................."

There was nothing wrong with that post! Forums are supposed to help others with knowledge, suggestions, ideas and experiences.
BTW, I think its a good idea.

2 years ago I was shopping for a used 911 Carrera and saw an ad on Cars.com
that stunk to high heaven (WAY too good to be true) so I played along using one
of my old junk email accounts.

Naturally the "seller" wanted me to send a pile of money Western Union (HUGE
red flag) and said they would give me a 30-day money-back guarantee if I didn't
like the car after I bought it.

I said I had the money ready to go and just wanted to inspect the car before I sent
any funds (no big deal, right?).

They knew I lived down south so they said the car was in Las Vegas.

I replied that my brother would be in Las Vegas next weekend (not) and I would have
him stop by and check it out.

After a pause they said, well, that won't work because the car is in "bonded storage".

So I answered back "Hey, no problem, my brother is an FBI agent (not) and he can get
into anywhere - no sweat.

You could just about hear there butt clenching up from 1000 miles away.

They disappeared - end of contact.

Dr Hemi...similar experience selling my Vauxhall except I was supposed to deposit a check for more than what I asked for...take a commission and send the rest back.....went into the bank and found (doh..) that it was stolen...went to the RCMP..they couldn't do anything..I have the check on my wall :) they were depending on my greed..

I'm not saying this with no compassion.....but after four red flags (per your own admission) and you still did it anyway (per your own admission) there's nota lot to say here. It's almost as if he was trying to tell you to begin with.

What kinda oil pan do you need? I might have something.

I hope Wuym gets coal for Christmas, This is Sharks Territory!!!
hes not the only one. Too many crooks on here that people purchase parts from and never receive. It really sucks. Especially around the holidays where the funds could've been used elsewhere if needed. All in all, scammers need more than coal...

He got me a week ago using the same identical verbage. I sent him a Walmart money gram to pay for a hood.

I would think that Walmart has a tape of who entered that store and accepted the money. I will do some research on this and keep everyone posted. With the number of events, I would think that they might help us nab this clown.

-
Back