Schumacher motor mount installation

-
no, the factory mounts. I just put the Schumachers on. have not had the engine in yet with the Schumachers on it yet. Engine goes in Tuesday.

I was thinking it must be a beast to break those. I bought the whole kit and have their strap just did not put it in yet need to get the ps box in first then a driveshaft made.

no, the factory mounts. I just put the Schumachers on. have not had the engine in yet with the Schumachers on it yet. Engine goes in Tuesday.

Hit the holes in the ears a bit larger to ease the drivers side bolts in easier. Also check it with a level befor tightening it up, lessons learned.

what stock exhaust manifolds are they ?? what are they from and how well do they fit...thanks

hemi pwr, the driver side manifold # is 2203262. it is off of a 1964-65 426 hemi. the pass. side # is 2532464. It came off of a 66-69 383 engine. When we put this engine in the car, I had bought 3 or 4 sets of manifolds to find the right ones that would work. These finally worked for me. Do they fit well........... try putting 10 lbs. of **** in a 5 lb. bag..I will post some pics later. we just put the engine back in last night with the Schumachers on it.

its in there. started putting the engine in last night and finished up about 10PM. I come so close to taking it out and putting the old mounts back in. we had a lot of trouble getting it done but stayed with it and in the end it worked out. It didn't help that my boys didn't listen to me and pull the tranny in the beginning. I told them it would be easier to do it that way but no, the old man hasn't done this before so I just sat back and listened to them piss and moan. Finally my oldest boy, said we should have pulled the tranny. anyway, its tight. had to cut the exhaust. I have not put a level on it yet. doing that today. have not tightened down anything except the tranny. I can say that I now have the correct tranny mount that goes in it and it is bolted down in the right spot. You remembered my problems in the past. I am very close to the steering shaft on the driver side. maybe 1/8 " and very close to the pass. side inner fender with the exhaust manifold maybe 1/8 " but I think it will be ok. I am also very close in the back where the bulkhead connectors is but I have more room in the front. going to work on tightening up things today and adjusting things and will let you know how it goes. here are a few pics. I thought this thing was in there tight before. its tighter now.

Attachments

• DSC08439.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC08440.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC08441.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC08442.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC08444.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 292
Looks great, mine is super tight also, for some reason I think the SE is a bit different (the longer wheelbase?) The steering coupler is just hitting the wrap on my header so I have to remove some I believe, see yours is tight also. Heater motor looks like it cleared also! Great job.

I have already collapsed the heater motor case and removed the motor. I am trying to level the engine. If I level the engine side to side, I cannot turn the steering wheel. I am about 1/2" lower on the pass side. don't know if that matters. may have to stay that way. going to try something else here.

just talked to Schumacher tech line on this engine being off level some and he told me that looking at the engine, if you cannot tell it is not level, it is fine. I told him that according to my level it is about 1/2 " lower on the pass side than the driver side and he said that is fine. He would like to see a 1/4" difference if possible. I told him that if I raised the engine the 1/2", I wouldn't be able to turn the steering wheel. He told me that I would be fine with that. that's good. Other problem is, I am heading to the driveline shop to get my driveshaft shortened. It will all but go in back there. I was afraid of that.

And I caught crap for pointing that out in other threads, who would of known like I was nuts, Love the kit but......Beerenerinig has its price!

what did you point out that you caught crap for. I can tell you this, if I had known what I know now, I would have never put these in. I thought that these mounts would square the engine up and that was it. These mounts have set my engine back in the engine bay 1 ". I have to re do the exhaust on both sides. I had to take the driveshaft in and have it shortened and now my exhaust manifold on the driver side is into the steering coupler back there. What a mess. So if you plan on using the Schumacher mounts, make sure you do it before you put the car together. If I had not cut the ears on the k frame, I would have pulled this apart and went back like it was before. to me it isn't worth the aggravation.

Different post of it not fitting. I have a long wheel base se and thought it was just me. A lot of crap for me complaining about it. Oh well I have thick skin....Just saw a basic drop in and bought it.

Mine justgot beer enered, jack up the transmission tail and see if it works, did for me with about a 3/8 shim between the two mount bolts and the tranny.. Just about all of it falls in place. Poly mount?

will try that.thanks. but wont that affect the driveline angle and cause a vibration.

Shim the trans mount. Will not cause vibration. You could move the rearend back to fit the driveshaft. By shimming the leaf spring hangers. But shortening it is a better fix. Somebody done you wrong telling you thats a hemi exhaust manifold. Simply not possible. Some idiot trying to be funny. Milling that manifold might get you the clearance you need. Personally, problem solving usually carries me into the wee hours of the morning. And there is always problems. Thats hot rodding.

Mine went down the block last night got the bugs worked out, finally.

Got them in, drove it Sat. to the car show. had a small vibration still but think that is in the tires. I just had a new set of B.F.Goodrich radial T/A's delivered this morning and on my way up to get them put on and balanced. Also going Friday morning to have the pinion angle checked at the spring shop and if it is out, will have the rear shimmed. will let you know what the progress is. Thanks

What did you do to lift the pass side? Mine turned out it needed to go up in the k frame "ear"

-
Back