Septic tank being pumped tomorrow....

-
Yes, this is true in a septic tank in the ground! It can not be "hauled" in a METAL tank for transport in that state, in case of accidental spillage.... It has to have a neutralizer added which makes the contents of the actual tank "hot" I was not speaking of the buried Septic tank, I was talking of the truck with a tank fulla ****.....

This is called Detoxifying. The chemical reaction to the bacteria in the contents creates the temps....Which detoxifies the whole lot for travel. Just temporarily....

Durring travel they aren't trying to digest the solids at all......At that time its a bit to late as its removed from the septic system of that property,. its being removed to empty the local septic tank(s) where that solid will be injected into another much larger septic system or plant to then begin the digestion all over again!

This is from the days I worked for a local school district as a Building & Grounds supervisor, it was a nasty job, but every year I'd have a sewage pump company come in to drain the whole system so that it could be maintained and limit issues throughout the "school" year and this was what I read in the paper work for our local state laws concerning sewage removal, and treatment.

That isn't something that has ever been brought up at my Waste Water training classes that I am required to attend every year to maintain my waste water license so that must be something that isn't a national code.

The newest thing that is coming on strong is the Aerobic System. I have many friends and several family members with those and so far they have been great. The big issue would be a power loss but their well wouldn't work either.

Was outside with the dogs a little while ago.....one of them took a dump on one of the septic tank lids....

County sends out a notice every 2 years here and needs to be signed by the pumper and gets spread on the local farmers fields. I have a mound system so the solids tank needs to be pumped that often.

Asked Bruce, the pumper guy, where he unloads the truck. Said they used to sell it to farmers, but now it goes to a processing plant. Fine is 10k for dumping it into a field....
I can say for certain my grandpa and my dad didn't pay anyone to spread poo on our fields! Those two are tighter than boogers in Washington's nose on a quarter.
But to be honest, around here at the time it was either a field or the Ohio River.

We had a new leach field put in about twenty years ago. My brother came over and we were discussing the ins and outs of septic tanks and leach fields as we looked at the work in progress. I mentioned to him that we must surely be married homeowners now because 10 years before that when we got together we were talking about the girls we were dating and our cars....

That isn't something that has ever been brought up at my Waste Water training classes that I am required to attend every year to maintain my waste water license so that must be something that isn't a national code.

The newest thing that is coming on strong is the Aerobic System. I have many friends and several family members with those and so far they have been great. The big issue would be a power loss but their well wouldn't work either.

Its merely the dumb-*** "state" I reside in "laws" (I got to admit), there are some really interesting things here I NEVER knew, and some I wished, I had not known I "had" to know....if that makes ANY sense LOL I mean really, if you get "caught" pissing, against a tree, here, your a "sex offender"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not one of them, BUT worked for the "state" and WAS warned of it! You instantly loose your job for the offense!

There are a few "strange" laws in this sate.....Like Keene, New Hampshire, ladies can walk around in TOWN shirtless! I'd LOVE to see the day around "Keene State University"... BUT, you all know thats not gonna happen, BUT, it be legal for the girls to do so and not a f*ckin thing anyone in town could do about it! LOL figure that one out????? BUT, the neighbor guys gets caught pissing next to a tree and hes a sex offender!!!!

THEN ohhh boy here we go. I worked for the State of New Hampshire Liquor Commission, on I-95 on the "Seacoast" AND on I-93, they have "highway Stores" to SELL BOOZE! Imagine that? Nothing like saying "Go ahead drink & Drive" then 1/4 mile up the road sits a "statey to pull 'yer dumb *** over and not able to even fight that DUI "AND" DWI......KNOWN fact they did that, that way for a reason. and to me, thats entrapment.....AND its legal that way!!!!!

I worked for the "Commission" for almost 5 years as a Building Maintainer, basically a Building & Grounds guy, altho there were 9 of us, and there is 78 stores state-wide....

Needless to say we're like 41st WORST run state in the nation! No wonder huh?

Was outside with the dogs a little while ago.....one of them took a dump on one of the septic tank lids....

Well at least hes got the right idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He knows where it "belongs" if nothing else, you know what they say Doug, Dog's have a "nose" for it.......LOL:cheers:

This is a real Sh!tty subject....So the tank is pumped and all is good.. By the way the worst thing for a septic system is chlorine bleach.. Think about what has it... Dish washer detergent, Comet cleanser, laundry detergent, toilet bowl cleaner etc. it kills the bacteria in the tank .... And if the solids get into the leach fields your going to be into big bucks... Just my $ .02... So the smart thing to do is have it pumped every 5-8 years...Bill

We have a clean-out in the front yard between the tank and the house. One time roots had plugged up the tee in the tank and everything backed up in the house. I opened the clean-out and had a turd and paper geiser in the yard. Barely escaped with my life but lost my dignity... I'd just as soon never see that stuff again after flushing and certainly not have it reappear in the front lawn.

Well Doug, at least you ain't quite as full of crap as you once were.

I can say for certain my grandpa and my dad didn't pay anyone to spread poo on our fields! Those two are tighter than boogers in Washington's nose on a quarter.
But to be honest, around here at the time it was either a field or the Ohio River.
I may not have heard him correctly when he was talking about pumping it into fields. I do know he said that they pay .12@gallon at some place in Valley WA...where they get rid of it...
Well at least hes got the right idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He knows where it "belongs" if nothing else, you know what they say Doug, Dog's have a "nose" for it.......LOL:cheers:
Yep....
This is a real Sh!tty subject....So the tank is pumped and all is good.. By the way the worst thing for a septic system is chlorine bleach.. Think about what has it... Dish washer detergent, Comet cleanser, laundry detergent, toilet bowl cleaner etc. it kills the bacteria in the tank .... And if the solids get into the leach fields your going to be into big bucks... Just my $ .02... So the smart thing to do is have it pumped every 5-8 years...Bill
There is a note on the fridge as a reminder. When Todd was here a little while back we discussed what to keep out of it. He did say if we were to get a dishwasher to watch what detergents we used. I asked about a water softener for when we build our down the road. Our drain field can only accept 240 gallons a day so he suggested digging a pit for the wastewater from the softener, if we get one. Big thing he said to avoid was a garbage disposal....last thing to be pumped into a septic, according to him, should be unprocessed foods. This reminds me, I need to start another thread about something somewhat related...
We have a clean-out in the front yard between the tank and the house. One time roots had plugged up the tee in the tank and everything backed up in the house. I opened the clean-out and had a turd and paper geiser in the yard. Barely escaped with my life but lost my dignity... I'd just as soon never see that stuff again after flushing and certainly not have it reappear in the front lawn.
Got video?
Well Doug, at least you ain't quite as full of crap as you once were.
Yep....

-
Back