Serious Question Here..

-
Of course, you can just leave the stuff on. After all, it did protect the car through all types of weather for the last 50years.
Ha..! True, but too late for that. And it's not the undercoating that's the problem, really ...it's more the areas that I can't get a sander into... A couple people mentioned the air needle Scaler, and I'm getting one tomorrow.

20240720_053817.jpg

Dremmel MM20

They sell 1" wide flat saw blades that I have used for sanding tight areas. Run it on slow speed, works good.

Triangle sanding pad on it right now, velcro replaceable sanding grits.

Handy tool for doing straight in cuts on wood when doing remodeling/plumbing projects... on wood, etc.

☆☆☆☆☆

I didn't realize he was trying to take off fossilized undercoating. I would try some aircraft epoxy remover. The gel, not the liquid, with a nylon scraper.

I also use my oscillating tool. I took my flush cut saw blade and ground of the teeth and its now an oscillating scraper. Works very well

I also use my oscillating tool. I took my flush cut saw blade and ground of the teeth and its now an oscillating scraper. Works very well
Actually, the wire wheel on my angle grinder makes quick work of it.. but the oscillating scraper thing would work great it some spots the wheel wouldn't get to..
Thanks..!

Actually, the wire wheel on my angle grinder makes quick work of it.. but the oscillating scraper thing would work great it some spots the wheel wouldn't get to..
Thanks..!
Wear a mask and eye protection!

Wear a mask and eye protection!
X2! Years ago I had to make a trip to an optometrist to remove a wire strand that departed the wheel, made it around my safety glasses, and embedded itself in my eye. I wear full goggles now whenever I use a wire wheel.

-
Back