She's LUMP! Restore or Part/Scrap? FABO Help!

-
Today I took my first solo trip in Lump to McDonalds, Krogers, and Wal-Mart. At the very first red light some new model Firebird pulled up beside me and started revving his motor up. Wrong thing to do.

Wondering, once Lump is all done and painted should we give it a new name like Bambi (cause the color of her is fawn) or keep it Lump??

LOL!
Awwww, Nice pretty Firebird getting thumped or "Lumped" (with primer/body work and 4 doors with turd color) and ABB off the light! LMAO!!!
Lump is already earning a rep around town and has been recently compaired to BOF as far as speed and burnouts!
Lump has the potential of making BOF look like grandma's car!!
If both were at the strip in curren condition, I would lay my money on Lump for the win by at least 3 car lengths!
Can you imagine what was going on in Firebird drivers head when you let him pass? LOL!:toothy7:

I've already got an Eddy streetmaster intake from the 70's for it and plans for an Eddy 4 bbl on top of that!

No work. Went to auto auctions, no buys.
Will do some stuff to Lump today, but don't know how much!
Son comming over today to eat my birthday cake ABB baked for me:eek:ccasion:
4 level lemon cake, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:love4:
pass the milk!

VINNIE! Get away from my cake!!!!:angryfir:

No work. Went to auto auctions, no buys.
Will do some stuff to Lump today, but don't know how much!
Son comming over today to eat my birthday cake ABB baked for me:eek:ccasion:
4 level lemon cake, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:love4:
pass the milk!

VINNIE! Get away from my cake!!!!:angryfir:
Well Happy Birthday! Don't eat too much of that cake, it'll slow ya down!! lol I bet it will be good. Have a great day John!! Rog

Well Happy Birthday! Don't eat too much of that cake, it'll slow ya down!! lol I bet it will be good. Have a great day John!! Rog

It did slow me down! All I did was yard work yesterday!!
Wiil start back on Lumpy this morning!

Hit it!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP8q0kfnhn8&feature=fvwrel"]‪Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Needed a newly rebuilt carb. Got lucky at the local Advance, they had one!!
Here we go!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 401
  • 10.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 413
  • 9.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 402
  • 8.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 411
  • 7.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 404
  • 6.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 387
  • 5.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 386
  • 4.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 414
  • 3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 403
  • 2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 395
Last few pics!
Back to the driveway!!
See YA!

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 407
  • 18.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 398
  • 17.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 397
  • 16.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 420
  • 15.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 403
  • 14.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 393
  • 13.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 388
  • 12.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 413
  • 11.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 404
Nice job John . . . should run pretty good now. What did we do before we had cameras?? I don't know what you did, but I couldn't draw worth a crap!! Rog

Hit it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTOWxj1eGs4&feature=fvsr"]Boston More than a feeling - YouTube[/ame]

Hey FABO!
Sorry it's been a while.
I have been working on 340dart.812's Dodge ram truck. Getting it ready for new red paint! Well, time to move it out of the way and work on Lump today. We will be trying a different door for better fit at top of window frame. Once we did that I found out it was back to the red door again only this time we put a few washers behind the bolts to adjust the hang of the door for better fit.
We also were going to lube the speedo cable due to noise starting to show up. However, the cable would not come loose from the speedo. So we had to drop column and remove Inst. panel. it needed to be restored and cleaned up anyway. No white face gauge kit this time. Man I was getting dajavu doing that Inst. panel! I thought we were working on Fern again there for a minute!! LOL!
Lex decided he was going to help today so I had him stand there and hold up the bottom of the door while I was putting in the first 2 bolts! Little fire plug stood there with the door on his back while I was bolting it!
Not really.... LOL.... He just came by for a quick visit.
Vinny just hung round the house as usual. I did stop by the vet on Sat and got him some good pain meds though, so he's happy now!
Really had to work fast with double the projects on for today. Didn't quite finish the fender due to running out of daylight. Got the Inst panel in just enough to move the car and get the pick up back under cover for the night. We pulled the windshield on the truck for bodywork and it needs to be under tent at night for rain.
Well, that's about it for today.
See you guys and gals later!8)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCCwfc3NUsI&NR=1"]Boston - Something About You - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 371
  • 9.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 362
  • 8.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 360
  • 7.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 378
  • 6.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 366
  • 5.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 364
  • 4.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 358
  • 3.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 364
  • 2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 368
  • 1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 357
More pics!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnXt-3gYy4I&NR=1"]Boston - Hitch A Ride - YouTube[/ame]

:blob:

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 366
  • 18.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 368
  • 19.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 368
  • 20.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 364
  • 16.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 352
  • 15.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 381
  • 14.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 369
  • 13.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 366
  • 12.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 365
  • 11.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 360
Last pic.
SeeYa!:burnout:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvgM-OaongA&NR=1"]Boston - Smokin' - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 368
Nice work as usual. I did a head gasket and radiator on an S-10 I bought to flip for cash. It still needs a clutch but I will get that soon enough. In time Lump will be complete.

:coffee2:Looks like you have the truck coming along nicely . . . glad to see Lump getting some attention lol:cheers: . Was the other door in better shape? It's amazing how you "young" guys can take those doors & fenders off and put them back on at will and it doesn't even phase ya . . . .(lol):-D:-D. Well don't hurt yourself, and keep plugging along! Rog

Nice work as usual. I did a head gasket and radiator on an S-10 I bought to flip for cash. It still needs a clutch but I will get that soon enough. In time Lump will be complete.

I finially got my 10 week plus, no calls for cars, cherry popped on Sat and got to buy a 88 s-10. I think I got mine dialed in with just a new batt and o2 sensor. I'll find out this morning when I install that o2!
An hour after I got home I got another call for a Lumina down the street 2 blocks away! Karma finally found me again!!
Wooo Hoooo!! Bill paying time!!!:cheers:

:coffee2:Looks like you have the truck coming along nicely . . . glad to see Lump getting some attention lol:cheers: . Was the other door in better shape? It's amazing how you "young" guys can take those doors & fenders off and put them back on at will and it doesn't even phase ya . . . .(lol):-D:-D. Well don't hurt yourself, and keep plugging along! Rog

I wasn't happy with the fit at the top of the window frame. The frame on the door I had been working on had a cracked spot weld at base of frame. After I swapped the door out, it didn't fit any better so the original one went back on with a few very well placed washers for shims, then the fit was almost as good as new!
Us young guys??!!! I just turned 50!!
R/R that door by myself almost killed me!! Lots of breaks and workarounds for being by my self with out getting hurt. Hot nasty job when trying to do it and the Inst. panel in 1 day.
A mans just got to know his limitations.....
before getting to that limitation!:banghead: LOL!!
After I got the original door hung again, Yard Dawg called and said he pulled another dooor for me in better condition! I thanked him and passed... I am not about to take that door off again. I've lost track how many times I've had it off lately!! LMAO!! It aint commig off again!
Your requested pics to follow soon.
John

Couple of pics.
Been real busy the past couple days but today we should be well on our way to color.

Other requested pics will be comming soon.
See Yall tomorrow!:glasses7:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 327
:coffee2: Looking good John . . . you are getting close to paint. :glasses7: You've come a long way with Lump, heck you were wondering if you could even make her presentable. Looks like you have exceeded that!! :prayer: She will be well worth the work. :cheers: Rog

Nice to hear karma may be coming back to you in time of need.

I hope so.
I just need 1 more junker and 1 good flipper to catch up last month bills and 1st of this month house note.

I've learned when I don't help people first, things just dry up and go away.
I always have to put forth a good faith effort of helping someone, somehow, and the it gets here just in the nick of time.
well maybe a little late but Karma is a busy ***** somtimes.
I've worked my A off for 2 months now with no pay!
Oh well, you got to pay your dues if you want to live the dream!:glasses7:

HIT IT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4JFqfqIPKA&feature=related"]The Smithereens-A Girl Like You - YouTube[/ame]

Just a quick one today. It got too hot early.
Wet sanded drivers half of car.
Washed out trunk extensions.
Saw rust so we knew something was in there causing it!
Wait till ya see what was in there holding in the dampness.
Yep a scrubbing sponge and a card board wrap from a v-belt.
See yall next time!

FABO members requested pics included!:cheers:

Look for color spray Monday or Tues when temp goes to 75 and sunny.

ABB and I have been debating the removal of vinyl top.
I say take it off!!
There is brown stain along sewn seam. I suspect more rust.
Besides on a 4 door it really lends itself to a custom paintjob.
Nobody looks at 4 door serious at shows. On Lump we'll just spray stock color for now, then in spring we go for orange cream Hawaiian dream.

If yall have bumper protectors still on your car, be sure to wash them out!
Lumps were clogged with junk. That is where rust starts!

See Yall next time.
John.:D

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 289
  • 9.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 8.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 7.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 282
  • 6.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 5.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 248
  • 3.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 1.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 270
You know you want to hear it one more time so here it is.
Hit it!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sj_U6vObUA"]The Presidents of the USA - Lump - YouTube[/ame]

Oh Yaeh!!:glasses7:

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 18.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 19.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 265
  • 20.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 16.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 15.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 14.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 13.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 12.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 11.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 267
One and a 2....
HIT IT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUtnwcv-quE&feature=related"]Fly - Sugar Ray - YouTube[/ame]

See yall later!:glasses7:

1 more for the road!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s3vHFyybxk&feature=related"]Shaggy - It Wasn't Me - YouTube[/ame]

Awe what the heck, lets hit sugar ray one more time;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPcX-5Tmqt8&feature=related"]Someday - Sugar Ray - YouTube[/ame]

How bout a smash mouth too?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM2z60kDdZo"]SMASH MOUTH - WALKING ON THE SUN LYRICS [ON SCREEN] - YouTube[/ame]

Don't steal my sunshine! or my sticky buns!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2JKHfkRxp8&feature=related"]Len - Steal my Sunshine - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 22.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 21.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 291
Seems I have a cobbled mess. I need to check my radiator shroud to see if I can fit the stock return. I'm also missing that black / vacuum can / tank vent next to it. I'm going to compare yours to mine.

This is the return I have, anyone recognize it?
Thanks for your help John.

Attachments

• IMG_0903 - Copy.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 270
Seems I have a cobbled mess. I need to check my radiator shroud to see if I can fit the stock return. I'm also missing that black / vacuum can / tank vent next to it. I'm going to compare yours to mine.

This is the return I have, anyone recognize it?
Thanks for your help John.

I'm not proud of this but I have been known to pull Chevy Astro vans washer bottle from junk yard, only to be installed in my sons 69 dart.
Wasn't pretty but it worked for $10.00 instead of $150 for a MOPAR repop.

Maybe, that's what happened to your previous owner.

Looks alot better then the after market return bottles I buy from Advance and put in some of or other darts too!:glasses7:
Sometimes (almost always) if I can't find a good used stock one cheap, I'll grab anything from the junkyard that can be made to work.
I'm as low budget as I can get.

Looking at getting the swinger out of the junkyard that I got Lumps splash guard from. Should have word next week. When I buy that car for parts, I'll PM ya for a list and just get all the stuff your need from that parts car.
I've got so much pre-sold and needed partas on there, I don't want to just go up and buy the individule parts, I want the whole car for parts. Will know something by Tues or wed.

I'll PM ya when I find out.:clock:

HIT IT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzY2Qcu5i2A"]The Offspring - Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) - YouTube[/ame]

All I was doing was sanding a little surface rust!!!
I though this car was mostly rust free but of course I was wrong!!

I sure am a crappy body guy. Sure wish I would have went to school for this but.....
I got to do what I got to do, with what little know how (none) that I have. (More balls than brains)

Well, here we go again! Grind, cut, weld, fill, sand......:banghead:

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 8.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 243
  • 7.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 244
  • 6.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 248
  • 5.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 262