She's LUMP! Restore or Part/Scrap? FABO Help!

-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MxkpCe4Iv4&feature=related"]Molly Hatchet - Whiskey Man - YouTube[/ame]

Was working on 340dart.812's pick up most of the day.
ABB cleaned my garage so Baby could get in there. Swapped the cars around and his pick up went into the barn. New windshield scheduled for monday. I just got the windshield fence done and painted red so it will be dry for the install on Monday.

The Ferd ranger had the tank pump and filter replaced but no good. Now needing the high pressure pump on the frame rail, woops there goes another hundy!! The dealer is keep the labor the same due to 1st estemate before buying truck was $150 labor for tank pump and filter R&R. Then when I dropped off later found out they were billing me for a hundy more at $250.00!! I called them on it so he's keeping the bill at 250. Wasn't that so nice of them.....:violent1:

Anyway I was so fired up about ABB helping me and all the stuff that was gittin done, I got bored after supper. We went out and stripped the top off Lump!

Here's the pics!:cheers:
Hope ya like em!!! I do!!! LOL!:glasses7:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 304
  • 10.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 314
  • 9.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 300
  • 8.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 7.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 287
  • 6.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 301
  • 5.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 4.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 302
  • 3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 306
Geez . . . your woes aren't because you ain't trying!! Well I hope you find success in what you are doing or maybe in something yet to come. Mean while, we love sharing what you are doing now!! See ya tomorrow . . . . CAR HUNT!! . . . Rog

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McWLZDk9uZk&feature=fvsr"]The Cars, Good Times Roll. Down Under Road Train Truckies. 3min version. - YouTube[/ame]

More pics!:D

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 311
  • 19.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 300
  • 18.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 300
  • 17.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 300
  • 16.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 319
  • 14.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 302
  • 13.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 308
  • 12.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 294
  • 11.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 299
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUwgCsczBk&feature=related"]Black Betty Roadtrain - YouTube[/ame]

I usually replace the lyrics of Black Betty with ABodyBetty Bam a Lam! LOL!
More pics!!:glasses7:

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 313
  • 29.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 303
  • 28.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 27.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 26.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 25.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 24.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 299
  • 23.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 22.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 301
  • 21.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 314
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIRspO7zVF8&feature=fvst"]Moving In Stereo - YouTube[/ame]

more pics!:blob:

I did get the rest rust converted dried with light use of a heat gun. Just when things were dry, it started raining again.
With ABB's help I got like 4-5 days work done in a day!!
Thanks ABB!!:cheers:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds"]Money - Pink Floyd HD (Studio Version) - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 36.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 302
  • 35.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 34.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 277
  • 33.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 314
  • 32.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 301
  • 31.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 300
Couldn't do much.
I was just trying to get back to normal.
Sorry FABO.
We'll start picking up the pace again tomorrow.
God bless you all.
John.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 301
  • 2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 292
  • 1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 297
Sorry to hear about Vinny. I've been reading about your restoration from the beginning. Pics of Vinny will be missed.

Sorry to hear about Vinny. I've been reading about your restoration from the beginning. Pics of Vinny will be missed.

Thanks for writing gmatjasic.
It's nice to know Vinny had so many friends here.
But he was that way everywhere he went!
Don't know if the old restore thread will have quite the kick it once had, but we'll see, and here we go again!
John.:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rik7xV7Tj4&feature=related"]Tainted love- Soft cell (lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

1st part of day sanding roof and windshield prep. Windshield install all on the red pick up.
Then 2nd half of day worked on Lump.
Lex mede into work today to make sure I didn't F anything up!:cheers:

Anybody know what the Dart hubcaps went on? The ones with no Dodge embossing on them. Anyone? (trivia question, I know answer, I think they will be cool on our Duster)

Here we go!:glasses7:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 9.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 8.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 247
  • 7.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 6.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 5.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 4.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 3.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 266
  • 2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 275
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERNeIxz79VU"]Fountains Of Wayne - Stacy's Mom (Music Video + Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

couple more pics.
See yall tomorrow!8-)

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 12.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 11.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 257
John
You are making some good progress! I hope things are getting better for you and ABB, just stay focused and keep up the good work

PS- i have the same rust on my sail as you do!

John
You are making some good progress! I hope things are getting better for you and ABB, just stay focused and keep up the good work

PS- i have the same rust on my sail as you do!

Thanks for posting ibleedmoparts!
Work and busy = NOT THINKING! LOL!!!
Starting to. We are planning monster mopar visit. Cabin camp in Gnaw Bone IN, so I have to drive through Columbus IN past Tony Fields and visit. I want to meet Memike too.
Are you going?

On this one I was only going for quick paint for winter, custom repaint in spring. This is why I tried to pull the vinyl top from under trim in stead of chancing damaged trim. It's a double edge sword though. You can still hit trim with grinder or sander. The right way is trim removal and glass removal, but I just didn't feel like messin with all the rusty clips and bent trim. Plus I just did that on 340dart.812's red pick up and I'm burn right now for that part of a car. This will be good enough till I pull the glass in spring. Oh well. Don't fix yours like I do mine. Please do a better job LOL!!

Last one I did, I didn't dig out all that crappy stuff Ma Mopar used and my custom paint started relifting the next summer sitting in 110 sun.
I dug all that cheap stuff outta there this time!
Have a great day tomorrow!
John.:D

Still chipping away. Before long Lump will be done.

HEY Chryslerfat!!
Are you going with us tomorrow to pick the maverick?
Hope so. Noon tomorrow.
Ranger comes back tomorrow. I hear it smokes but pulled from the garage under it's own power
IT LIVES!!!
after wire repair, tank pump assembly, high pressure pump, filter, and away it went!
I figure a double hit of injector cleaner with only 3 gal of gas, oil change/filter, can o restore, half bottle Lucas!!
No more smokey!!

1st half of day got ate up with pick up windshield.
I'm tag teaming 2 units with Lex!

well I hope you have a great day tomorrow!!
See ya at the maverick!
John:D

John
Probably won't make it up there for monster Mopar, i am in the AF and didn't coordinate leave as im trying to save up for the NATS next year. I would love to meet all the guys. I met Pablo (porksoda) at our local show this weekend and man is it nice to put a face w the name...My car is torn in about 3 billion pieces so its very open to interpretation, LOL...if you need some hubcaps youre welcome to the ones i pulled off my 74' Swinger, not bad for driver stuff and free to you if ya want! Anywho you all have a great day tomorrrow and keep up the great work!!!

John
Probably won't make it up there for monster Mopar, i am in the AF and didn't coordinate leave as im trying to save up for the NATS next year. I would love to meet all the guys. I met Pablo (porksoda) at our local show this weekend and man is it nice to put a face w the name...My car is torn in about 3 billion pieces so its very open to interpretation, LOL...if you need some hubcaps youre welcome to the ones i pulled off my 74' Swinger, not bad for driver stuff and free to you if ya want! Anywho you all have a great day tomorrrow and keep up the great work!!!

LOL
I'll see ya at the Nats next year then!
I was an airdale in the early 80's. Good Times, no GI bill.
Hubcaps? Always want hubcaps.
When I finally install I try to clean 8 and pick the best 4 LOL!!
I'll PM ya on those, maybe trade for other parts ya might need.
Do yall have auto hobby shop on base?
I used to burn that place up. If I wasn't on the flightline replacing waveguides or something, I would be there or on my Harley!
Good Times!!
Have a great day tomorrow ibleedmoparts! Hit that auto hobby shop, free tool rentals, lifts, paint booth...It's almost worth re upping for!! LOL:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeG-hNXXy6I&feature=related"]Down Under - Men At Work (HQ Audio) - YouTube[/ame]

Couple pics of the before noon work.
340dart.812 showed up to bring gasket, tailgate, and help!!
Lex was on break, and I was watching!
Cool!!:D

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 252
  • 7.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 268
  • 6.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 5.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 4.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 3.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 1.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 272
Good night John and Betty :toothy1:
And thank you for yet another great read and picture show, Like said before here I to miss Vinny and the picture of your supervisor making it on the job put a smile on my face, You have been busy my friend and it looks like there is 0 to no rust under the Vynle top, The Dodge truck windshield install was to good :D:D Love the added painted face. Have a great evening and again, Thank you for sharing some great work and fun times , I will do everything I can to find that trim peace you are needing.:color:

Body filler, like any other plastic, isn't UV stable.
And I have those little corner pieces for the driprail trim if you still need one.

Good night John and Betty :toothy1:
And thank you for yet another great read and picture show, Like said before here I to miss Vinny and the picture of your supervisor making it on the job put a smile on my face, You have been busy my friend and it looks like there is 0 to no rust under the Vynle top, The Dodge truck windshield install was to good :D:D Love the added painted face. Have a great evening and again, Thank you for sharing some great work and fun times , I will do everything I can to find that trim peace you are needing.:color:

Don't worry bout the part. I'll probibly just pull one next time I'm at the junk yard! But if ya got a 4 door Dart front drivers door panel any color short style not going all the way to the window, you could bring that to monster Mopar and I'll pay ya there!
Thanks, John.:D

If you dont fix sale car as a whole. dont part or scrap

It's our main ride right now.
It's all we drive right now even with the remodeling going on!
Buying paint today.
We are at this moment discussing base color, all from 74;
Now Stock; Y4 Golden Fawn (Also known as Baby crap brown)
OR
Y6 Gold Irid.
L6 Aztec Gold Irid. (Was a spring color in 73 also)
T5 Sienna Irid

Later I will be overspraying the top only with W1 Eggshell white for effects.
Then overspraying clear with gold micro mixed in for sparkle overall in spring.:happy2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGXE7AF_sK4&feature=related"]The Breeders | Cannonball (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Look MA no Glue!!!

Just finishing last bit of body work I forgot to do.
Wet sanded whole car and ready for paint.
This morning I saw 1 last spot on drivers sail panel. Will hit it first this AM.
See above post for color paint options
Was originally going for Hawaii dream cycle theme.
Might be leaning to Golden Surfer Cruzer Theme!

What Base color should I buy today? Remember, I will NOT be doing engine compartment or under hood or trunk deck either!

What color you guys think from the ones listed above??

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 6.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 211
  • 5.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 4.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 3.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 2.jpg