Shifter

-

Sparky

Reaction score
Hi guys. Have a bunch of work being done on my Cuda. Switching to 15 inch, discs up front, heads,rollers, whole wack of stuff. I am an amputee, missing my left arm, no prosthesis. I am in search of an aftermarket shifter, (automatic), something I can reach over to quickly, grab a gear and get my hand back on the wheel ASAP. Just wondering if there is anyone else in my situation or any suggestions as to what would work good for me. I have not searched much yet to see what might be best.
Thanks
Sparky

Lots of choices and styles are available. You're just gonna have to make sure it's not a race-shifter with reverse lock-out. Some almost need 3 hands to operate. I'd stick with the known companies. B&M, Hurst, etc......
Obviously, personal tastes will be part of it. I'm a simple and small.. is more, kinda guy.

a b&m quicksilver would do what you need. it ratchets up and down the gears if required just by pushing forwards or pulling back. or normal drive for road use. lift to access reverse or park so all one handed.

B and M Pro Stick is bad ***, if you have a reverse valve body the plate to convert it is $25
In the words of the Talking Heads,
"This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around, this is a serious shifter. Note the "R" for reverse lock out. I bought this from Roy Rivera (SG Barracuda), RIP,
This will fulfill all your needs. Take total control of your transmission!

PXL_20230307_231903512.jpg

PXL_20230307_231918691.jpg

Last edited:
B and M Pro Stick is bad ***, if you have a reverse valve body the plate to convert it is $25
In the words of the Talking Heads,
"This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around, this is a serious shifter. Note the "R" for reverse lock out. I bought this from Roy Rivera (SG Barracuda), RIP,
This will fulfill all your needs. Take total control of your transmission!

View attachment 1716060423

View attachment 1716060424
That's a two-handed shifter. He's trying to avoid that.

-
Back