shocks for corners

-

buckshotbishop

Old Soul
Reaction score
looking to replace my kyb's some time for shocks more suited to corners and auto cross. ive searched around so far ive only seen the hotchkiss, bilstiens and p-s-t's ViKings. anyone have experience with any of these im liking the ViKings but i dont know if there adjustable on the drag racing side or the handling side.

thats already planed front and rear. im going to try sliders on the rear and get a local machinist to make me some delrin bushings.

Offset UCA bushings ans some QA-1's. Take that K member out and reinforce it and the LCA's.

In the mono tube range, try Bilstein, Koni,, or deCarbon.

If you've got bucks to burn, try Ohlin or Penske.

If you're going to be doing some serious corner carving with full wheel wells, I recommend you take a look at a track/Panhard rod or a Watts link on the rear. Either of these will keep the rear end under the car and reduce the likelihood of chewing up your tire sidewalls.

In the mono tube range, try Bilstein, Koni,, or deCarbon.

If you've got bucks to burn, try Ohlin or Penske.

If you're going to be doing some serious corner carving with full wheel wells, I recommend you take a look at a track/Panhard rod or a Watts link on the rear. Either of these will keep the rear end under the car and reduce the likelihood of chewing up your tire sidewalls.

before i knew what a pan hardbar was i thinking about adding one but and unless everything ive read about them was crap (could have been) they seem currently out of my fabrication skills.

I'm not big on Panhard bars either. However, more people have heard of them as track bars (courtesy of NASCAR broadcasts) than they have Watts links. They are an accepted practice within the industry and they get the job done. IMO the Panhard bar is easier to install but does not provide uniform movement of the rear axle over the course of its travel. Typically the side of the axle that the Panhard bar is connected to has visibly more restricted travel than the free end.

don't discount the KYBs, for a economy shock, they work pretty good. With the proper wheel rates and swaybar rates, you can probally do better than you think with what you have. Keep those rear leafs close to zero arch at ride hight and it wont alow the rear to move side to side as much, especially with your sliders.

Bilsteins are very good and Fox's are excellent for non-adjustable.

We now have single adjustable shocks! None of the other shocks mentioned here test, tune and use their shocks to the extent we do! Quality components and valving that is specific to each platform, not the usual "it fits" and "should be good".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3q5RCsWwYw"]Development of the New Hotchkis Tuned APS Adjustable Monotube Shocks - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back