Shop safety

-

dadsbee

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Shop safety tip of the day, or the golden horseshoe award. For 12 years I've had a tire filler chucked into the hose reel on the 2 post lift. I also usually have the windows up in the cars, but was airing the Bird out after running the ozinator in it. Fired up the air compressor today and just after it had shut off I heard an air leak and then a pop. No dents in cars, but the threaded in portion shot in through the passenger window of the Bird, out the drivers side and across the floor under the Bee!

20240919_182702.jpg

20240919_182706.jpg

20240919_182730.jpg

Glad there was no serious damage...

Years ago I was working at a dealership when a fitting came loose & the air hose started whipping around, it swung up & took out an 8' florescent light tube... It hit near one end & the pin at the other end stayed in it's socket causing the broken end to fall while the other end stayed high till the angle of the tube reached 70+ degrees then it released & the broken tube acted like a spear, burying itself in the back of the guy in the stall next to mine's calf...... Taken away in an ambulance... Shards of broken glass & phosphorous powder... Surgery & never came back to work....

-
Back