Shorty Hedman Headers

-
update: now that I got my car to its proper ride height thanks to a couple of mechanics who kow what they are doing and have all the right equipment... ground clearance really is not an issue for me any more. from the looks of the pictures above the shorty headers do not really look much easier to install either.

thanks for all the information on this matter guys, I think everything in the end will make me lean closer to the TTIs when it comes time to change the headers.

update: now that I got my car to its proper ride height thanks to a couple of mechanics who kow what they are doing and have all the right equipment... ground clearance really is not an issue for me any more. from the looks of the pictures above the shorty headers do not really look much easier to install either.

thanks for all the information on this matter guys, I think everything in the end will make me lean closer to the TTIs when it comes time to change the headers.

Man that is good!

Since you first posted this thread I was thinking it was more of the ride height of the car rather than the headers themselves. Glad you got it going in the right direction.

after seeing those pics and how restrictive thos small head pipes and bends are either buy the tti headders or run a 340 manifold. those shortty headders are not worth the trouble and mess you end up with..

and unless your pushing a lot more than 300 HP just stick with any regular old exhaust manifold..heck get the cheaper ones NOT the HP 340 ones unless your worried about a whopping 1-2 more HP..id just save the $$$$. Get something like the later 73 manifolds instead its just not worth the price difference for a set of the 70's for 1-2 more HP.

I have hedman headers on my 68 Dart at the moment, of the kind that most people like, the ones that have the steering linkage running through the middle of one side and all the fun stuff.

I need to replace them because they have a long history of smacking the roadway due to hanging down to low and the car having ill adjusted torsion bars....

hopefully that will be fixed soon, but I will need to replace the headers and I do not want to pay the money for TTI headers and then have the added hassle of trying to get them onto the car.

So I am looking at the shorty headers offered by hedman

Here is a link to the shorties at summits website
@Tsully
part number 78500

View attachment 1714928461

they can also be seen at hedmans website too.

has anyone used them? I have heard you will lose some performance with the shorties but that is not much of a bother to me, I simply want something that fits right without being bashed into the roadway and speed bumps. and I want more than regular exhaust manifolds.

I want to know for sure that they truly clear power steering boxes and what not before buying them though, so, Anyone out there used these before?
I have hedman headers on my 68 Dart at the moment, of the kind that most people like, the ones that have the steering linkage running through the middle of one side and all the fun stuff.

I need to replace them because they have a long history of smacking the roadway due to hanging down to low and the car having ill adjusted torsion bars....

hopefully that will be fixed soon, but I will need to replace the headers and I do not want to pay the money for TTI headers and then have the added hassle of trying to get them onto the car.

So I am looking at the shorty headers offered by hedman

Here is a link to the shorties at summits website

part number 78500

View attachment 1714928461

they can also be seen at hedmans website too.

has anyone used them? I have heard you will lose some performance with the shorties but that is not much of a bother to me, I simply want something that fits right without being bashed into the roadway and speed bumps. and I want more than regular exhaust manifolds.

I want to know for sure that they truly clear power steering boxes and what not before buying them though, so, Anyone out there used these before?

-
Back