shots from the garage...

-
Two weeks ago it was my “intention” to maybe take the trek to Vegas for at least Saturdays race…. but alas it’s going to be 112 here and 100ish in Vegas. It’s really too bad they don’t run in the evening up there anymore. It was hot, but at least when the sun went over the mountain it was “doable”….. of course my outdated chassis cert was probably the nail in the coffin for going anyways. I knew Famoso I could get away with it, but my experience in Vegas is that they’d a probably looked. Took advantage of a day off and checked the alignment. Couple quick tweeks and it was race car good-nuf! Brought the caster down to 6 degrees equal (one side was 8) and I pretty much nailed the camber at home after replacing the lower arm heims. Set the toe and I think we’re ready for the California Hot Rod Reunion in October. Got up on the two step behind the shop and I’m fairly confident the two step will behave.

IMG_0094.jpeg

IMG_0093.jpeg

IMG_0092.jpeg

Last edited:
The heat’s been pretty brutal out here too, had a month of 100+ with some mixed in 112/113’s. Finally calmed down some and in the 80/90’s.

So tightening the terminals fixed the two step ya think? I honestly hate electrical problems and been working in the field for 35 years…

What do you set your toe in at? Scrapping stock upper control arms this winter on my 70 Duster, replacing with QA1's. Stock bottoms are still good.

-
Back