Should there be a law

-
maybe I am taking your rant a bit out of context (and it does come off as a min-rant) but, "crowd of mopar people in general" - really? we are as diverse as any other sect of car loving humans.. I assure you of that - "hating" on all because of the actions of a few... :wack: and bothers me so much that I have to stop typing before I get myself in trouble... :violent2:
oh yea i totally agree with you 110% in everything you say. see my comments come from being newish to the mopar community. im from a chevy family and they all frowned upon me when i drove up in a cobra one day. then a supra, mark8, etc.. i have always strived to be different then the pack. yet my heart since i was old enough to remember cars was set on a square body dart. took me almost a year to find one and several deals gone south to hamper my taste for mopars in general. from prices being raised above asking prices i didnt even negotiate on to parts being taken off or removed as i was attempting to pay for them. it wore on me quickly and it just fueled my distain towards the crowd of mopar people in general. i am still working on restraint from letting those bad apples effect me with the rest of you guys. it is clear in how i post im agitated about it but i am trying...honest to god im trying.

You don't have to be a brand loyalist to keep the car "all of something."

Every a**hole and their brother will take a fat fendered Buick and put a small block Chevy in it. Not every one takes the time to take the same car and hunt down a Buick engine for it. Those that do are making a commitment to make the car different than the rest of the crowd.

So, you'd walk past that guy who had to do more for his build than just buy off the shelf parts to make the car his? It takes more in engineering and fabrication to get that Buick engine to fit in between the rails than that small block Chevy that fits damned near anywhere, that you can call any number of parts houses and get mounts for damned near any body or that you can walk into damned near any junkyard and buy the parts cheap. Because you see him as being brand loyal?

no your misreading it. fat fender cars are a different animal than 60s era muscle cars. they deserve their own scrutiny as well. if i see a sbc in anything pre 50s non chevy i roll my eyes and walk by. i assume the person probably didnt even do the work or cared enough to honor hotrodding with time matching powertrain. only exceptions are if its turbocharged and efi. blowers never get points as they are instruction written bolt on for posers products. i am very picky at what i look at. i have honestly walked through a 500 car count cruise in in under 10 minutes. because the cars or owners had nothing to offer my brains attention. there was 1 car i liked and it was an import backhalfed datsun 210 with a rotory and 66mm turbo. totally different and it was fast and he raced it on the street and track. which means he enjoyed the car as he should be.
i have always wanted a 55 2 dr savoy with a turbo hemi look plain jain with overdrive column shift and bench seat. it is just to hard to find one in low rust not missing all the trim condition. so many 55 chevy n fords everywhere i could puke on by accident at a car event. many not even real now due to cookie cutter products available. i like the person who ha to scrounge and find his stuff that dont exist but pulls it off. doesnt cut corners unless he has no choice. then i understand an off brand engine if there is no option for them such as when i wws originally using the ls in my dart. i didnt truly want the ls in it at the time. there just wasnt an aftermarket for the gen3 yet to move ahead with it in faith. now there is and i am as happy as a fat kid at a cup eating contest.

i am an owner of a cross breed vehicle myself. my 1950 ford f1 has a big block chevy in it. also has a nova front subframe and is backhalf with ladder bars and 34x16x15s under it. caged a 2x4 tunnel ram, 5500 stall converter trans brake etc.... nobodys ever disapproved of it. yet one day i want to put a 429 boss in it if i ever hit the lottery.

maybe I am taking your rant a bit out of context (and it does come off as a min-rant) but, "crowd of mopar people in general" - really? we are as diverse as any other sect of car loving humans.. I assure you of that - "hating" on all because of the actions of a few... :wack: and bothers me so much that I have to stop typing before I get myself in trouble... :violent2:

i understand mike i truly do. but i had an issue
with members on here as well trying to acquire either a car or parts. yet i have sold to several on here parts without issue. many have been as expect polite and kind. which is why i am still around. i love the passion you and many others have for cars in general. i like this site and those i have conversed with since all my troubles happened.

-
Back