show me your early A!

-
Occasionally I manage to take a good picture of my car. Love this shot

Nice ride!
Can you post more pics from a direct side angle and let us know what wheels/tires you're using?
I have similar plans.

Thanks

63 Dart 2dr Hardtop

Hope you like it.

Very very nice! Love it!
What's the drivetrain, besides the obvious 273?

My 63 Dart
273 - 904 - 8 3/4 SG (3.23)
Disc brakes - domed pistons - D4B intake - 600 cfm carb - headers

Attachments

• Dart 3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 810
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 807
my '62 beauty, former /6, now v8 318ci

Attachments

• IMG-20150824-WA0029.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 764
  • IMG-20150825-WA0017.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG-20150827-WA0007.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 764
Very very nice! Love it!
What's the drivetrain, besides the obvious 273?

My 63 Dart
273 - 904 - 8 3/4 SG (3.23)
Disc brakes - domed pistons - D4B intake - 600 cfm carb - headers

Thank you for your interest in my car

Well, the 273 signage on the hood was chosen to be more "period", it's actually a 318 running a 600cfm edelbrock on a performer intake,cast manifolds,904 'box, with a 8 1/4 SG rear running 3.23 (I think) gears and ,of course disc brakes up front.

Out of interest, have you posted any times for your car? I'm going to our local track this weekend to do a little run what you brung, It will be my first time ever ON a dragstrip!!!

Beautiful car BTW, I just love the 63/6 darts. Whose headers did you choose? how were they to fit?

Rob in the UK

Thank you for your interest in my car

Well, the 273 signage on the hood was chosen to be more "period", it's actually a 318 running a 600cfm edelbrock on a performer intake,cast manifolds,904 'box, with a 8 1/4 SG rear running 3.23 (I think) gears and ,of course disc brakes up front.

Out of interest, have you posted any times for your car? I'm going to our local track this weekend to do a little run what you brung, It will be my first time ever ON a dragstrip!!!

Beautiful car BTW, I just love the 63/6 darts. Whose headers did you choose? how were they to fit?

Rob in the UK

I bought short Spitfire headers from Laysons. They fit well.

Attachments

• Layson headers hs-22mod.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 746
Took this one on the track at Homestead raceway last month.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 761
Found a good shot of my 66 Barracuda taken at a local cruise night.

Attachments

• 1966 Plymouth Barracuda-L.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 659
I think I put a picture of my car up on here years ago but I would throw up new one as I made a wheel change a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• 66 cuda.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 580
Took my car for a long cruise today, fabulous weather! These early A's are really fun to drive, they need more respect!

Pop quiz: There are at least 2 things shown that didn't come w/ '65 Signets, what are they?

10-11-15%202_zpswaxpzkiz.jpg

10-11-15%201_zps9g7punew.jpg

............................................................................................

Attachments

• 12112787_724360021030886_2039642371_o.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 452
Who is making the Spitfires for Layson??????????? that prick Harold????????? he still owe's me a set I paid for a few years back. Burned, like many others. If he's still making them. Someone knows where he is. I want my friggin headers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took my car for a long cruise today, fabulous weather! These early A's are really fun to drive, they need more respect!

Pop quiz: There are at least 2 things shown that didn't come w/ '65 Signets, what are they?

beautiful signet

My wife phoned and said she loves that car and that she sees 15 inch wheels… She also says it's got no mirror on the drivers door

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 499
Thanks for compliments! Chrygore, love your red Signet too. You're half right on the wheel thing, no 15's on '65 A's. Side mirrors were an option, many didn't come with them. Never realized how much you use side mirrors, kinda like riding a motorcycle without, you're constantly looking around. The other thing is unique to '65 Signets, you almost have to have one to know what it is.

You have a different steering wheel, or it's on upside down? Not sure if the larger version V8 emblems you are using came on early A's or the just smaller ones?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 466
How about the body colored door lock knobs? My car also has chrome door lock knobs but they may have previously been switched ?

Here is Mine, its a project car that I picked up this past summer. Factory 273 ZZ1 citeron gold with Black Bench seat Interior car.

Attachments

• 66 valiant 006.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 447

Just guessing, Wheel lip moldings, & rocker moldings.

You have a different steering wheel, or it's on upside down? Not sure if the larger version V8 emblems you are using came on early A's or the just smaller ones?
The steering wheel is original but upside down. Those are the stock emblems. You're right though, the '65 Belvedere emblems look similar but are a wee bit bigger.

How about the body colored door lock knobs? My car also has chrome door lock knobs but they may have previously been switched ?
No, those are actually black, they're the original ones. They sold chrome ones as a replacement.

Just guessing, Wheel lip moldings, & rocker moldings.
No, those were standard on all '65 Signets (cudas too).

Big hint: has something to do w/ the front fenders.

There's something obviously pretty wrong with this picture as well...what do you see?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 457
-
Back