Show Me Yours and I'll Show You Mine

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Was checking out at the local Walmart here in Mexico this morning when I noticed the lady behind me not paying with Mexican Pesos but with US currency. So I showed her a crisp new US two dollar bill I had in my wallet (thinking she would be amazed to see such a thing)j. Much to my surprise, she opened her purse and showed me one or more US two dollar bills. Then the elderly Mexican man that was bagging our groceries took out his wallet and showed us his folded up US two dollar bill! That's three of us in the same place carrying around the same "oddity". Or maybe not so odd at all. I still have the two dollar bill I acquired circa 1965 when as a ten-year-old I walked into a bank with two dollars in spare change and asked for a two dollar bill, which the teller exchanged for me.

I have multiple two dollar bills. I don't know why, but my local recycling yard uses them (a lot!) to pay customers. I used one in a self checkout at Walmart, just to see what would happen. Machine ate it, just like any other us currency. Frankly, i was surprised.
I also have five CANADIAN two dollar bills, that haven't been issued in decades!

U.S. two dollar is a gorgeous note!. The two-buck canadian....not so much.

When I have time to kill, I'll use 2 dollar notes

Always good for a stall

Just go the Portland, they are all over as that is what the strip clubs hand out… Jtard would know all about it…

Last edited:
Only interesting bills I have is a 57, one dollar silver certificate and a 73 Canadian one dollar.
Find a 1967 one dollar Canadian with the parliament building on the back and the Canadian centennial logo on the front. There are also one dollar bills where an engraving mistake was made and the Queen has a devil in her hair. One and two dollar bils are a thing of the past in Canada we have coins for those. Make it a good one guys

There was a cop called to a store over a 2-dollar bill and the cop thought it was counterfeit money too.
Don`t know how that ended up, hopefully they had a older cop to straighten them out :rolleyes:
Counterfeiting a two dollar note (if it wasn't legit currency) would be about as stupid as Counterfeiting a three or four dollar bill!
How f-ing stupid would a counterfeiter have to be to Counterfeit a NON-EXISTENT bill? (That's at LEAST two completely stupid people right there, the cashier, AND the cop.)

Counterfeiting a two dollar note (if it wasn't legit currency) would be about as stupid as Counterfeiting a three or four dollar bill!
How f-ing stupid would a counterfeiter have to be to Counterfeit a NON-EXISTENT bill? (That's at LEAST two completely stupid people right there, the cashier, AND the cop.)
I have a stack of 3 dollar (Bill Clinton) and 8 (Ate) dollar bills (Monica) Movie Money.

There is/was a rumor that carrying a folded two dollar bill is good luck. I've been carrying the same bill for over 50 years, but can't comment one way or the other about the good luck part of it.

My Grandpa used to collect $2.00 bills for some unknown reason. He had so many that he gave them to us as birthday gift money when we were kids. I still have mine today. When he passed away, he left them all to my sister.

I also have a collection of $2.00 bills, I had a stack of 20 with consecutive serial numbers. I had some house guests over one weekend and one of the children took every other bill from the stack. And wouldn't you know it, no one had any idea which child it was.

-
Back