Show Us Pictures of your 1st Generation Barracudas

-
You beat me to it with pics, but here it is again.....just now it's sitting in my driveway. Drove it home today and had a great time doing so...it's amazing how friendly people are when you're driving a beautiful old vehicle, always smiling, asking questions, gawking, and giving you thumbs up.

Your new Barracuda has a lot of love behind it. Enjoy!

Here's my work in progress; well, not much progress lately due to back problems.

65 w/500ci 440 w/Stage VI Max Wedge Port Heads, M1 intake, Lakewood blow proof bell, 4-speed, and narrowed Dana w/ 5.38 & power-lock. Homemade Subframe connectors and ladder bar crossmember installed recently. I have a 6 pt cage and full fiberglass front end for it. Already cut for mini-tubs. Plans for installing my Viper T-56 later on.

Attachments

• Barracuda 1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 443
  • Barracuda 2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF3995.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 430
  • DSCF3993.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 428
  • DSCF3965.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 430
here's a clean black 66.... Anyone happen to have more photos of this one or know the owner?

Thanks Shane! It takes great pictures, especially after a waxing on a cloudy day.
bfa4f248.jpg

db4df263.jpg

Heres our '65 Barracuda project

Ha, I love it. My '65 came home on a dinky U-Haul trailer just like that. I broke off the driver-side door lock knob exiting it Dukes-of-Hazzard-style because the stupid trailer fenders were in the way, lol. Thankfully Waggin might be able to hook me up with a NOS knob. Here's a pic of mine...wish I'd thought to snap it while it was outside, and mobile.

AK016.jpg

Here are my cars. The blue is a '64. It came with the 273 2bbl but now has a Commando 273. It's an auto, and has factory air.
The white '65 is a Formula "S" with of course the Commando 273 with a 904 behind it. it also has power ps, and pb, and a 2:76 suregrip in the rear end.

Attachments

• IM000747.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCN0015.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 352
Anyone know the details on this car or driver? Would like to see some more photos...

Attachments

• SilverFish.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 279
This was at the cruise in today.

Attachments

• IMG_6960 (Medium).JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_6956 (Medium).JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_6961 (Medium).JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 312
My project... Mechanicals are all done now it's time for the interior and then on to paint & body.
that fish looks sweet,nice stance. is that a five liter ford air cleaner?sure looks like it...

that fish looks sweet,nice stance. is that a five liter ford air cleaner?sure looks like it...
Thanks its a work in progress. Yes on the air cleaner, it's definitely Ford. Picked up two single snorkel housings from the Ford row at the local pull-a-part. Seemed like every car had them. Removed a snorkel from one and put it on the other. Removed the air doors and actuators then sectioned the tubes to shorten them up.

Here's a link to my build if you have any interest:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=137649

Attachments

• IMG_1281.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 294
Local fish...

Attachments

• DSC03008.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC03007.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC03006.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 278
This was at the cruise in today.

I am trying to understand the carburation/manifold set up on this car. The long rams usually have a center cross tube to equalize manifold pressure but that is clearly missing. Maybe one of the vacuum lines running across the firewall is providing this. I see the fuel lines on the firewall teed to both sides.

Now the 2 big questions are:

1) Where the hell are the throttle linkages?

2) Are these carbs or EFI throttle bodies? - I think EFI and bet that silver conduit running across the firewall to each has the control wires inside it.

Very, very interesting.

Itate, if you have any other pictures of this engine, I would appreciate posting them. I have a set of long rams that will go on my fins eventally and the big question is carbs or EFI right now. I have never seen EFI on long rams before.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC06388.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC00143.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 285
Anyone know the details on this car or driver? Would like to see some more photos...

So I finally tracked down some info on this guy... His name is Oliver Bryant, a pro driver out of the UK... pretty awesome that he chooses to race a 1st gen Barracuda...

Here's a few more photos...

Attachments

• Picture 50B.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 276
  • 1365949738_e58cf1b7e2_z.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 286
  • Picture 50.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 308
  • Picture 51.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 285
-
Back