Show us your CHARGED SLANTS! (turbo or super)

-

SwinginDart74

Reaction score
would be cool if we could see some of the progress people are making, I would love to also have a superchaged slant as my backround on my pc, would put my own on the comp, but I haven't started yet lol

morgan

Its not mine but here is some serious SL6 to look at

cox-engine.jpg

So do you have some details on that engine???? I'm not understanding it.

That looks like the Cox Bros 66 Dart. NO blower, but injected, alcohol, and nitrous. Tube chassis car has gone 9.97 in the 1/4 mile. More pics here. Red 66 Dart. Click on pics for full size.
http://www.slantsix.org/galleries/claycity/2003/2003.htm
http://www.slantsix.org/galleries/claycity/2002/claycity-2002-gallery.htm

All the cars in those galleries are slant powered.

Unfortunately the Cox car was destroyed in an on-track incident at the Nats a few years ago. It was a real shame. The boys are sheet metal workers and the car truly was a piece of artwork.

Unfortunately the Cox car was destroyed in an on-track incident at the Nats a few years ago. It was a real shame. The boys are sheet metal workers and the car truly was a piece of artwork.

!!!!! I never heard about that. The Cox Bros car and Wilford Day are what got me into slant sixes. I learned about Wilford Day when I was searching for one of these...

8.jpg

...Im still looking for one or acually a certain one that was on a motor that my dad and some buddies raced.

No turbo or charged but here are some of my slant pics.

PEO2.jpg

PEO1.jpg

PEO4.jpg

PEO3.jpg

mueller-engine.jpg

I found this pic online, I didn't scan it. Just incase for the whole copywright thing.
sep97rail.jpg

engine.jpg

My first stab at a turbo 225 - a Mitsubishi TE04H off a K-car and blow through carb. It did start and run, and I did take it to a few cruise ins, but it had some pretty serious drivability issues. So I decided to chuck the carb, tiny turbo, and the rest of the setup, and I'm now working on building an injected motor with a Garrett GT4082.

underhood.jpg

Just got my 66 Dart,super 6 with clifford intake,headders and a holley 4 bbl. dual exhaust.I have,nt had the car out yet.(conv. to bbp disc. and a 8 3/4 s.g.My plan is to try the 6 for the next year and later 360 stroker.

trim 018.jpg

trim 027.jpg

Just got my 66 Dart,super 6 with clifford intake,headders and a holley 4 bbl. dual exhaust.I have,nt had the car out yet.(conv. to bbp disc. and a 8 3/4 s.g.My plan is to try the 6 for the next year and later 360 stroker.

Does it give you much trouble on cold starts?

I heard they don't like it much.

When you get ready to takke the /6 out I would be intersted in the headers for my /6.

!!!!! I never heard about that. The Cox Bros car and Wilford Day are what got me into slant sixes. I learned about Wilford Day when I was searching for one of these...

8.jpg

...Im still looking for one or acually a certain one that was on a motor that my dad and some buddies raced.

No turbo or charged but here are some of my slant pics.

PEO3.jpg

I found this pic online, I didn't scan it. Just incase for the whole copywright thing.
sep97rail.jpg

Holy cow! those slanted racecars looks awesome!!
I'm not sure which one is better fed or altered but i sure know one thing, if i can get extra money somewhere i had to have one of those...

ok trying to bring this back to life does anyone know of any engine builds that are bullet proof for these motors ? any good place to shop for parts ? pistons, rods, crank options and more importantly cylinder head components ? let me know thinking bout a turbo set up for my duster

I would go with the k1 rods. The best rod you can buy for the money right now for the six. The crank I would use one of the forged units that came on the mid 70s slant? I could be wrong and pistons the wiseco company makes a forged set and you could have them sent off to a coatings place as well. Other then that ive seen some guys run stock stuff with high boost on their sixes.

here is what i have been working on. just waiting on my custom pulleys to show up and work to pick up so i have money to finish it.

Attachments

• P9250071.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,198
The K1 rods look to be the best set, just keep in mind they are 198 length rods, which will raise your compression to just over 10 to 1 and will be a little much for a turbo application. Marshall at Campbell enterprises said getting custom pistons to lower the compression for a turbo application would not be a problem, but it will put you up to about $718.00 for the set. In considering a turbo app he also suggested upgrading to a stronger pin as well. This for me is fine, though it will take a while to put $$$ aside because I'd like a strong rotating assembly to handle the pressure.

The Cox Bros. used to have a roller tip rocker assembly available from what I understand(I'd like to know more about that myself) and SI Valves has a larger valve for the slant. The important part to me is finding a machinist to open up the breathing capabilities of the slant 6 head.
And if you find anyone who has or can fab up a decent turbo header I wouldn't mind knowing about that

The K1 rods look to be the best set, just keep in mind they are 198 length rods, which will raise your compression to just over 10 to 1 and will be a little much for a turbo application. Marshall at Campbell enterprises said getting custom pistons to lower the compression for a turbo application would not be a problem, but it will put you up to about $718.00 for the set. In considering a turbo app he also suggested upgrading to a stronger pin as well. This for me is fine, though it will take a while to put $$$ aside because I'd like a strong rotating assembly to handle the pressure.

The Cox Bros. used to have a roller tip rocker assembly available from what I understand(I'd like to know more about that myself) and SI Valves has a larger valve for the slant. The important part to me is finding a machinist to open up the breathing capabilities of the slant 6 head.
And if you find anyone who has or can fab up a decent turbo header I wouldn't mind knowing about that

I was gonna start fabricating a turbo manifold flanged for a Holset HX 40 turbo and aluminum intake manifold, I am planning on fuel injecting my set up and most likely probably run an aem ems system. myself but was trying to get more info on builds that got people into the tens, i have a 70 slant six 225 in my duster and thats were it will be going into till i build a v8 turbo set up and do something cool with the 225, trying to find the parts right now though to start the build. anyone have any links to any information on other builds that are holding up well to get ideas on whats working on these motors ?

-
Back