show your mopar you rescued.

-
A few that I have saved and am working on saving. My chally was striped out 18 years ago. The aspen was owned by a native that liked pot a little to much and was crashed. The scamp I pulled out of a redneck trailer park. The duster I bought to part but I'm thinking of doing a restore when the chally is done.

Cars 083.jpg

DCP_3288.jpg

001.JPG

DSC00393.JPGr.jpg

DSC00307.JPGr.jpg

Not A-Bodies but here's what I'm working on.

Saved this one from derby doom. It's in storage at the moment, waiting it's turn.
314739561.jpg

Current project.....turning into one of those long term things.
286365500.jpg

The latest project and highest priority. Not a Mopar but I need this one to work. The roads around here suck! (all unimproved dirt. No county maintenance) Tires and fuel system are all she needs.....got most of the parts already.
320548671.jpg

the guy i bought it from was trying to part it out,to folks with 340 swingers,but i saw it first.I ended up buying all his abody stuff he had been collecting for 30 plus years for dirt cheap.

142.jpg

146.jpg

150.jpg

002.jpg

fiberglass work 002.jpg

fiberglass work 001.jpg

Ontos, thats a sweet wagon you saved. MoPars should be banned from derbys. Here is a long story, but it is true as the day is long::::
I have a buddy in Kansas that looked into purshasing a 70 Fury from a guy. He called him up & the guy said "if you dont want it im going to demo it". My buddy, already having too many projects decided to let it go. Later the next week curiosity got the better of him so he went over to the old boys place & low & behold the car was smashed all to hell beyond the point of recognition. He got the vin off of it to see what motor it had in it & come to find out it was a V code Fury! 1 of 61 built with a 440 6pack!!! Oh the humanity!!!

Ontos, thats a sweet wagon you saved. MoPars should be banned from derbys. Here is a long story, but it is true as the day is long::::
I have a buddy in Kansas that looked into purshasing a 70 Fury from a guy. He called him up & the guy said "if you dont want it im going to demo it". My buddy, already having too many projects decided to let it go. Later the next week curiosity got the better of him so he went over to the old boys place & low & behold the car was smashed all to hell beyond the point of recognition. He got the vin off of it to see what motor it had in it & come to find out it was a V code Fury! 1 of 61 built with a 440 6pack!!! Oh the humanity!!!

The humanity is right! That's probably the holy grail of C-Body's.

My wagon looks nice on the outside....she's got some rot hiding here and there though so that's why she's on the back burner at the moment.

Well at least its on the back burner & not in the crusher. Yeah I think the V code cars are the "big one" for the C body guys. My buddy was sick for a week over that....

The latest project and highest priority. Not a Mopar but I need this one to work. The roads around here suck! (all unimproved dirt. No county maintenance) Tires and fuel system are all she needs.....got most of the parts already.

LOL, Ontos! I used to live in Lone Pine, just up the road, back in the 80's. I KNOW about the crappy roads!

LOL, Ontos! I used to live in Lone Pine, just up the road, back in the 80's. I KNOW about the crappy roads!

LOL! The voice of one who knows!

I gotta laugh when I hear city people complain about a few pot holes. They've never been to Rural Kern County! (or many other rural areas for that matter)

This thread rocks! Reminds me of "cars in barns". Keep em' comming!
cars in barns is a good site but they need to have addresses of the cars they have on there. they have so many cars id die to have. even tho i got 2 mopars now. id like to have a Cuda or Roadrunner and they just sit there sinking into the ground. with 440s and hemis!!! it actually pisses me off to go to that site and see all the lost muscle.

cars in barns is a good site but they need to have addresses of the cars they have on there. they have so many cars id die to have. even tho i got 2 mopars now. id like to have a Cuda or Roadrunner and they just sit there sinking into the ground. with 440s and hemis!!! it actually pisses me off to go to that site and see all the lost muscle.

I know what your talking about. Its like a POW camp for mopars. :angry7:

I bought this car after it sat in a driveway for 12 years. I had said many times that I was going to ask about it but never did. One day my friend asked if I minded him stopping to ask and I said go ahead.

They told my friend they didnt want to sell it. Two weeks later I happend to cut throught their road on my way to work and she had a for sale sign in the window!

I stopped and they had 750 on her. I bought her for 500 bucks!

1966 Plymouth Valiant 273, auto, power steering Radio and heater delete car.

valiant1.jpg

valiant dash.jpg

valiant side.jpg

vasliant engine.jpg

Found it in ohio in a barn. sat for the 4 years after the woman who owned it died. her son was cleaning out everything to sell the house. car was always chrysler maintained. cool thing about the barn was the guy still had his high school car in there. A 32 ford coupe! Wasn't for sale though.....

0818071105.jpg

dart.jpg

0502081504.jpg

0502081508[1].jpg

dart 010.jpg

dart engine.jpg

0802080802.jpg

That Demon ^^^ is awesome.

Only thing I'd change is the hood. I'd swap it out for a factory cut out hood with the dual snorkel scoop.

...oh I'd have to swap in a 4-speed too.

thanks daniel depetro for the comments aboutthe demon. i too love the dual hood scoops but im currently restorin it and leanin on keepin it origional. ive never seen a restored demon sizzler so im gonna go that route and have somethign no one else has.

We had a Duster we were looking for a quarter panel for last year. I found a guy in Lancaster, Ca that was cutting up a 1972 Demon 340 that has not been on the road since 1987 and lived it's entire life in SoCal.

I talked him into selling me the body only... this car was stripped of everything but the hood, decklid, doors and glass.

We sold the Duster and decided to save the Demon...

This is how we brought it home last July. It has been one year since we picked it up and it is now almost ready for paint.

Craig

IMG_7928.jpg

DSCN0908.jpg

IMG_7931.jpg

IMG_7933.jpg

last.jpg

I purchased this 68 dart from San jose CA and had it shipped to TX. It was a V8 car. I shaved everything (doors, side lights, trunk, dutch panel, trip holes, fuel filler, etc.) I replaced the 7.25 w/8.75 and 4:10 gears. I had it mini tubbed & leaf springs relocated to frame (ss springs) It's currectly awaiting a Hemi and it's custom interior.

BEFORE
100_0796.jpg

100_0806.jpg

100_0805.jpg

100_0803.jpg

100_0797.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

100_1466.jpg

100_1467.jpg

100_1470.jpg

100_1471.jpg

frontofdart.jpg

AFTER
100_1019.jpg

100_1035.jpg

100_1034.jpg

100_1033.jpg

100_1031.jpg

100_1030.jpg

100_1029.jpg

100_1028.jpg

100_1026.jpg

100_1024.jpg

100_1023.jpg

100_1022.jpg

100_1021.jpg

100_1020.jpg

Dart.jpg

bought this as an unfinished project,what was done by the previous owner was redone by me,ive been through the entire car.

dart1.jpg

dart2.jpg

-
Back