Show your slant 6 a body!

-
My 1966 Dart 270.

Attachments

• 1966 Dart 270.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 1,185
Thanks Kazooom, A lot of work put in it to clean the car up. its a bit more cleaned up at this time but I need to upload some new pictures. I had to redo all the wiring because they just thrown it together to get the car running. But now I cleaned it up put quite a few new parts on it and now its one fun car to drive. Want to do a paint job and also some different wheels.

Sassy-1

Attachments

• DSCN0920.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 993
  • 010.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 013.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,020
  • 007.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 014.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,018
Gotta love bright green... my girlfriend had her first Chrysler show experience this year at Carlisle. She was having a tough time comprehending a few of the go fast colors heh..

DSC_0536.jpg

hi my 63 Dart gt conv.sold it last yr.to buy my 67 Coronet 440.w/ a slant six 3 speed column shift.the only options are a heater of coarse and a "Radio Delete"..here's a before and after pic.of the 440's 225.before w/a 4 bbl..now w/it's orig.1bbl.intake..the 440 is a barn find survivor.64,000 miles...thanks and God Bless..Bear R.-

Attachments

• repainted engine 12 24 12.sweet mopar red black rad,starter,wiper motor,etc...jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 889
  • 100_3027.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 904
  • my babyalso 67 coronet.mojo 002.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 908
  • before repaint old beat down.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 892
Had to update since I got wheel's and tires and made my own rear stripe.

IMAG0715_zps001e2b1b.jpg

US Wheel model 94 15x7 F&R with +12mm Offset and Trans-dapt wheel adapters. I also used plastidip and pin stripe tape to recreate my own stripe.

*Ninja edit* Front tires are 215/60/15 rears are 235/60/15 no suspension mods just had to roll/cut under the rear fenders to clear tire.

Slant 6 for now....

Attachments

• duster.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 837
  • dus whel 003.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 839
Good on you ! Proper wheels and tyres make a big difference and you've chosen well. The car is now a cohesive whole.

I took a different direction from you though. I widened the rear wheel wells and installed a Ford 9" rear axle with 4 links and a Panhard rod, adjustable coil-overs, rear discs and a Strange limited-slip differential and then put 17" x 10-1/2" American Racing Salt Flats on the rear with Pirelli P Zero Assimetricos (285/40 YR 17-s).

What engine and interior mods do you have planned ?

Thanks Kazooom, A lot of work put in it to clean the car up. its a bit more cleaned up at this time but I need to upload some new pictures. I had to redo all the wiring because they just thrown it together to get the car running. But now I cleaned it up put quite a few new parts on it and now its one fun car to drive. Want to do a paint job and also some different wheels.
Im doing a super six set up and I would like to see how you made you kick down and thortle brackets

Good on you ! Proper wheels and tyres make a big difference and you've chosen well. The car is now a cohesive whole.

I took a different direction from you though. I widened the rear wheel wells and installed a Ford 9" rear axle with 4 links and a Panhard rod, adjustable coil-overs, rear discs and a Strange limited-slip differential and then put 17" x 10-1/2" American Racing Salt Flats on the rear with Pirelli P Zero Assimetricos (285/40 YR 17-s).

What engine and interior mods do you have planned ?

Your rear setup is down right awesome. And looks to be pretty indestructible. I'm gonna change all the forest green interior to black, already have done the dash and rebuilt the gauge cluster. I'll be keeping the bench seats but replacing the fabric of course. Gotta order my carpet and headliner in the next few weeks and rebuild the door panels with new fabric and board. For engine I'll be using a reman'd engine from Autozone with a cam, 4bbl, and t3/t4 setup. Looking to make a fun cruiser that has enough get up and go to spin the rear tires. Starting the door panels in the next couple of weeks. It's fun to see how much it has changed since I first got it.

IMG_2565_zps2002560b.jpg

IMG_2567_zpsd2ee4e13.jpg

IMAG0715_zps10a7ec44.jpg

updated pix

Attachments

• download-5.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 694
  • photo.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 687
  • photo(10).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 700
  • photo(1).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 705
Here's my '74 with a lot of work to go. I hope to daily drive it come spring.

Attachments

• 74DartSwinger.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 699
Very nice vehicle. The design is cohesive and the wheels a good match. I'm also impressed with the engine compartment. Too many people neglect this important area, especially if they retain the slant 6.

I'm gonna change all the forest green interior to black, already have done the dash and rebuilt the gauge cluster. I'll be keeping the bench seats but replacing the fabric of course. Gotta order my carpet and headliner in the next few weeks and rebuild the door panels with new fabric and board. For engine I'll be using a reman'd engine from Autozone with a cam, 4bbl, and t3/t4 setup. Looking to make a fun cruiser that has enough get up and go to spin the rear tires. Starting the door panels in the next couple of weeks. It's fun to see how much it has changed since I first got it.

IMG_2565_zps2002560b.jpg

IMG_2567_zpsd2ee4e13.jpg

IMAG0715_zps10a7ec44.jpg

I also have a 4 barrel (Edelbrock) carburettor (600cfm, more than 3 times the volume of the factory single barrel Carter), but you will need to rebuild the head. Gas-flow is the weakest link of the 3.7l slant 6 ; the engine was simply stroked and head was not modified from the smaller displacement versions to deal with higher gas-flow volumes (for both intake and exhaust). I suggest you check this site (in Eastern Australia) for more info ; http://www.hemiperformance.com.au/store2/p_889_Slant-6-225-Standard-Performance-Crate-Engine . I paid 1,900 AUD for the cylinder head, plus shipping (500 AUD) and duty/VAT (about € 600 for the EU). This makes a huge difference - the standard cylinder head is a bottle-neck. I also installed high-compression and pistons (10.3:1) and an agressive road cam (requires a torque converter with an higher stall-speed as well as a new starter motor, also from Australia - the American "Highland Park howler" won't work). I also recommend the Aussiespeed intake manifold with equal-length runners. Some of these parts (not all) are available in America, with a long delay for delivery, but more easily available in Australia. Also, engine cooling becomes primordially important with such an increase in horsepower. I suggest a custom radiator from Smith's Radiators ; http://www.smithsradiator.com/mopar/abody/index.html . The factory radiator simply won't cope with the extra heat.

Sounds like a good plan! Optionally, rather than getting the head worked on, if you're on a budget, the Holley 390cfm will work with absolutely no head mods.

My uncle built this set up in 1959. Wish I had better pictures. He worked at the Chrysler high performance div in Det. Mi. The Hot Rod shop was the machine shop for him.

Attachments

• IMG_0560.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0559.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 571
Lots done on my 68 DD. Getting ready for intake swap. Still need more pieces... and chasing down a heating issue. 8k miles I've spent with her so far. Going to redo all the interior to get rid of the forest green inside...

I need new wheels too. The ones on there remind me of skateboard wheels supporting the Titanic.

-
Back