Show your Slant 6 engines!

-
It's in a '64, but not the original engine.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 425
Not mine but beautifully done !

Attachments

• IMG_6162.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,415
Little better picture, bored 30 over, .70 milled off of head, comp cam, Dutra duals, Just turned 200 miles on it. Runs way better old motor way more tired than I thought !!!

Attachments

• IMG_3453.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_3456.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,266
Post up your Slant 6 engines!

Here's mine after I put the top end back together after fixing an exhaust leak. I ended up painting some of the parts of the engine to make it look nice. :D

In the past series of months (years), my son and I were screwing his 1'st car together. I decided to rebuild the head on the stock motor than engine-swap the car. I just ran the valves on the motor yesterday, and it's no longer a clattery mess! It now actually sounds like a well-running industrial machine!

Head had 2 d-shaped exhaust valves and evidence of valve recession! We had it rebuilt by Jim Grubbs Motorsports in Valencia. I ported the pockets and got rid of the casting flash and ground down the guides a little. JGM did a 5-angle intake & full-radius exhaust w/hardened seats, used my engbldr (ebay handle) 1.70/1.45 valves & their 340 springs. Milled the head .050".

We are probably going to drive it this weekend after sitting on jack stands since 2012!

So glad it's finally running!!!

It takes longer to do a project with your son, especially if you are trying to peel him away from PC gaming! But no regrets. I am glad for what he was willing to put his hands into, and for what we actually did do. He now realizes that you can't start and finish one of these cars in a weekend!!!
David
<iframe src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="">V_20160426_192803</a> from <a href="David">David</a> on <a href="Vimeo: Watch, upload and share HD videos with no ads">Vimeo</a>.</p>

DSC_0438.JPG

DSC_0440.JPG

DSC_0426.JPG

DSC_2723.JPG

DSC_1574.JPG

DSC_2721.JPG

DSC_2735.JPG

going in a 66 Dart GT 2 door hardtop don't have the car yet it's still in New Mexico will have at the end of July then post pics

My 69 slant 6 in my 69 Barracuda. I'm painting it Turqouise. Just had it pressure washed. Decal is wrong. I have a single barrel Holley.

IMG_0568.JPG

I like your pulley belt and alternator setup can you tell me what you got going on there for parts maybe some part numbers and where I might be able to get them

Looks like the alternator uses the A100 driver's side mount- no room in an A100 doghouse to install the alternator in the passenger side.

Or you can use the bosses for the power steering pump and modify the pump bracket. Looks great !!! Nice mini alternator.

100 miles on new stage 1 dutra rebuilt motor.
Offy 4 barrel intake and holley 390 waiting in boxes to be installed.

P1010001.JPG

P1010003.JPG

3.7 slant, offy 4 barrell intake, 390 holley 4 barrell, dual hooker headers, 2 1/2 inch stainless steel exhaust with flow masters.

003.JPG

-
Back