Sick 66 trip updates.

-
Awesome pic, you need to frame it!

IMG_20241008_144155.jpg

me too. jamie is like lean over and you can see straight down. nope. lol
Born and raised in that area. Never been up in the Arch. My father would drive down to the city towards the progress of it being built. I remember the final piece being wedged in the top center . Very cool enjoy the ride !

@abodyjoe What are your plans for today in KC? The Royals are hosting a playoff game tonight, and the city should be jumping!

@abodyjoe What are your plans for today in KC? The Royals are hosting a playoff game tonight, and the city should be jumping!

hitting the THE ARABIA STEAMBOAT MUSEUM then probably getting a bite to eat and heading to Springfield. that way we can relax a bit, check in with the event on Thursday and start the route on friday.

hitting the THE ARABIA STEAMBOAT MUSEUM then probably getting a bite to eat and heading to Springfield. that way we can relax a bit, check in with the event on Thursday and start the route on friday.
IMO the steamboat museum is cool history!! But I am easily impressed!!!

steamboat museum was awesome. amazing all that stuff was 45 feet under for 130 years and cleaned up so well. have a ton of pics from there on my actual camera.

IMG_20241009_111359.jpg

IMG_20241009_111409.jpg

IMG_20241009_111418.jpg

IMG_20241009_111549.jpg

IMG_20241009_111634.jpg

IMG_20241009_113856.jpg

@abodyjoe if you are doing 66 route you are welcome to stop in at our place. We are in North West Arkansas just outside of Springfield Mo. We got plenty of room, heck we might even feed ya. Send me a PM if you want to. We have run 66 several times and it is a lot of fun. Of course being so close to it is an advantage for sure.

One of the best looking Mopars ever, 70 GTX in burnt orange!
I agree. Burnt orange!!! Just one really pretty color.
Its funny, how many 69 Road Runners (and some 69 GTX) i had back in the 80s, 90s. Not near as many 68s and even fewer 70s. Yea I know about the production numbers. Only 1 70 RR. It was an odd duck but cool ride, the grill has mean looking at night!

@abodyjoe if you are doing 66 route you are welcome to stop in at our place. We are in North West Arkansas just outside of Springfield Mo. We got plenty of room, heck we might even feed ya. Send me a PM if you want to. We have run 66 several times and it is a lot of fun. Of course being so close to it is an advantage for sure.

I'll look st the map and see where it is taking up tomorrow when i get the route. be cool to meet ya.

made it to Springfield. had to introduce jamie to buc-ee's on the way. get to sysy here two nights. tomorrow we check in at ozark drag strip. the racers will have test and tune. we will hang a bit then go out and explore some.

IMG_20241009_171024.jpg

IMG_20241009_171027.jpg

IMG_20241009_180327.jpg

IMG_20241009_180334.jpg

Buc-ees! A Texas institution!! A million gas pumps, full time person in both rest rooms keeping it all spotless, pretty good brisket bar b q, etc etc.
We stopped for gas... we didn't buy anything else as we needed to keep going. The food looked wonderful though!!

-
Back