Sign the petition to keep The Dukes of Hazzard on TV and in Stores!!!

-

FJ5 Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• first_general_lee_1_b_500.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 356
  • general_lee4.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 138
I added this in the thread started by 69 Cuda 440 about TV land cancelling the show because of the General Lee's confederate flag! Link http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=319752

I wanted to make sure the petition gets as much exposure as it can! LOL I emailed it to all my friends and family! I signed the petition about two hours ago now and it has already 10,000 more signatures on it!!! Almost 35,000 have signed so far!!!

I signed it 5 minutes ago, and I just looked, it has increased by nearly 600 sigs in 5 or 6 minutes.

The link above is broken, needs fixed.

You're Damn right I Signed it!!! It's a matter of FREE Speech & Expression.... Else next will be the banning and burning of books that "might upset" someone... Ugh~

Clif of Az. :coffee2:

We are losing our freedoms... 1 by 1

Ben Jones... Cooter himself posted this on his facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/cooterbenjones?fref=nf

TO ALL OF OUR FRIENDS AND FANS FROM BEN JONES AKA “COOTER”

I THINK ALL OF HAZZARD NATION UNDERSTANDS THAT THE CONFEDERATE BATTLE FLAG IS THE SYMBOL THAT REPRESENTS THE INDOMITABLE SPIRIT OF INDEPENDENCE WHICH KEEPS US “MAKIN’ OUR WAY THE ONLY WAY WE KNOW HOW.”

THAT FLAG ON TOP OF THE GENERAL LEE MADE A STATEMENT THAT THE VALUES OF THE RURAL SOUTH WERE THE VALUES OF COURAGE AND FAMILY AND GOOD TIMES.

OUR BELOVED SYMBOL IS NOW BEING ATTACKED IN A WAVE OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS THAT IS UNPRECEDENTED IN OUR NATION OF FREE SPEECH AND FREE EXPRESSION. ACTIVISTS AND POLITICIANS ARE VILLIFYING SOUTHERN CULTURE AND OUR HERITAGE AS BEING BIGOTED AND RACIST. WE KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT THE CASE. AND WE KNOW THAT IN HAZZARD COUNTY THERE WAS NEVER ANY RACISM.

THOUGH THE FLAG HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM SUCH PLACES AS WALMART, TARGET AND AMAZON, IT WILL NEVER BE REMOVED FROM ANY OF OUR COOTER’S STORES AND MUSEUMS. WE ARE ALL THE SAME GOOD PEOPLE TODAY THAT WE WERE LAST WEEK AND LAST YEAR AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE SHAMED INTO TURNING OUR BACKS ON OUR HERITAGE AND OUR CONVICTIONS.

WE ARE NOT RACISTS. WE DESPISE RACISM AND BIGOTRY. AND WE THINK THE PEOPLE WHO ARE CREATING THIS “CULTURAL CLEANSING” ARE THE REAL BIGOTS IN THIS STORY.

WHEN WE SAY OUR FLAG STANDS FOR “HERITAGE, NOT HATE” AND “PRIDE, NOT PREJUDICE”, WE MEAN IT. AND WE BELIEVE THAT OLD SAYING, “YOU CAN’T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING IF YOU FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM.”

COOTER’S IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO SELL OUR SOUTHERN SYMBOLS AS LONG AS THERE IS A COOTER’S. I WILL FIGHT THESE PEOPLE UNTIL HELL FREEZES OVER, AND THEN I WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE ICE.

I liked what one guy posted on the comments and I feel the same way.

Copied and pasted his comment below:

I am fed up with the blame game. If we took away every thing that offended some one else we wouldn't have a spec of sand to live on. You want to blame the flag because someone used it with I'll intent. You want to blame the gun because someone pulled the trigger. You want to blame the bible because to live by it would mean you had to own up to your own faults. Why can we not try and delete our past and our history because a man who sported a confederate flag killed people. This nation was divided at one time and half of them fought for one flag and half of them for the other. So it's a good chance that every single person who reads this is in some way a descendant to those who fought for the very flag that you wish to ban. So now I guess it's OK to let every life or the civil war be left to vain because of this guy? Since when did any real american think so little of where we have come from. Because like it or not that flag is just as much part of the making of this nation as the flag we use today......... Oh yeah and the gay pride flag offends me so let's start by doing away with that one first. And then we can finish up by removing the government because the politician's actually do offend be. As well as easter bunnies. Tooth fairies. Turkey's. Rain deer. Fire works... At this rate we'd be just better off to move!!!!

Yeah, I signed it too but when you do you get all kinds of stuff you do not want from Change.org
(anyone can start a petition) so you will then need to unsubscribe to eliminate the junk. I think it's
B.S. that they trick you into opting in to all of their issues.

Yeah, I signed it too but when you do you get all kinds of stuff you do not want from Change.org
(anyone can start a petition) so you will then need to unsubscribe to eliminate the junk. I think it's
B.S. that they trick you into opting in to all of their issues.

Just omit a letter or number whatever from your email when filling out the info. :D

Just omit a letter or number whatever from your email when filling out the info. :D

that's what I did, signed it as Rusty Shacleford and used the email address: [email protected]

(and this is where it is heading)

[ame="http://s96.photobucket.com/user/diymirage/media/r2LvqjP_zpsi8mjnalq.png.html"]r2LvqjP_zpsi8mjnalq.png Photo by diymirage | Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/diymirage/r2LvqjP_zpsi8mjnalq.p@@AMEPARAM@@96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/diymirage/r2LvqjP_zpsi8mjnalq.p[/ame]

Hi guy's, I am a black guy and I am one that knows what the confederate flag means. The media is responsible for this stupid racism crap.I for one vote for the confederate flag to stand.I also agree with everything j-miller is saying.Enough is enough. Mark
I liked what one guy posted on the comments and I feel the same way.

Copied and pasted his comment below:

I am fed up with the blame game. If we took away every thing that offended some one else we wouldn't have a spec of sand to live on. You want to blame the flag because someone used it with I'll intent. You want to blame the gun because someone pulled the trigger. You want to blame the bible because to live by it would mean you had to own up to your own faults. Why can we not try and delete our past and our history because a man who sported a confederate flag killed people. This nation was divided at one time and half of them fought for one flag and half of them for the other. So it's a good chance that every single person who reads this is in some way a descendant to those who fought for the very flag that you wish to ban. So now I guess it's OK to let every life or the civil war be left to vain because of this guy? Since when did any real american think so little of where we have come from. Because like it or not that flag is just as much part of the making of this nation as the flag we use today......... Oh yeah and the gay pride flag offends me so let's start by doing away with that one first. And then we can finish up by removing the government because the politician's actually do offend be. As well as easter bunnies. Tooth fairies. Turkey's. Rain deer. Fire works... At this rate we'd be just better off to move!!!!

Hi guy's, I am a black guy and I am one that knows what the confederate flag means. The media is responsible for this stupid racism crap.I for one vote for the confederate flag to stand.I also agree with everything j-miller is saying.Enough is enough. Mark

Sorry Mark it was one of the comments I copied from the petition site and the guy that wrote it said it way better than what I could.

-
Back